"The fuck did he do?" 

"He's claiming he did it to protect me, but I don't know. He's absolutely obssesed with it, and won't give me a break from it." 

"And what do you want me to do B? I don't know him, there's no way he would listen to me. I want to help you, I see you, but I don't know how."

"Could you maybe hang out with us more? Maybe he would not talk about it that much and might got interested in you instead. I asked him to try and get you know better."

"Great."

"Please."Y/n didn't really wanted to do that, but she couldn't say no to her brother because of the way he was looking at her. 

"Fine. I try, but I can't promise anything." John B gave his sister a quick hug a motioned to go back to the house. "But if they don't stop about me and Rafe and gold and other shit I'm out B, I don't have enough nerves listening to them."

"Yeah, okay. I'll tell them to stop." 

...

They were sitting there in silence, everyone left, so it was only John B, Y/n and their dad. 

" It's been nice kiddos, but I have lot to do so."

"Dad."

"Do you even remember me?" Y/n shot at her father, which made him stop. 

"Barely. Your mother left shortly after you were born."

"And you never thought about contacting me? At least trying to meet your daughter?" 

"Not really. I had my little bird." He smiled at his son and patted him on the back. Y/n never had anything like that. Parent that would at least cared for a bit. Her mother didn't care at all. 

"But maybe we could spend some time now together? Like a family maybe." John B suggested, Y/n couldn't hold back her scoff.

"Yeah, why not." Papa Routledge simply said and left. 

"Like a family? Really?" 

"Oh shut up, at least I'm trying." Y/n had to laugh at her brother. 

Old John B took them to the near city pretending being reseacher. Apperently they needed to find the other part of a statue, on which there will be an ancient saying, that will lead them to the city of gold. 

Older lady refused to let them inside those storages, so the master plan was to rob her when she's going to clock out and took her card, so they could get in. 

"That's your plan? Rob an old innocent lady?" Y/n was looking at the old man in disbelief. 

"We need to get in there."

"Such a strong father figure." She just couldn't help it. 

"Here she goes. Here son, take this. Quickly in and out." Old John B pulled out a gun and gave it to his son. 

"You cannot be fucking serious." She immediately shot at him. John B looked really uncomfortable and nervous. "What do you think she will do when she sees someone coming her way with a gun? Says hello, here's the key card?"

"it's fine Y/n, I'll figure it out." John B got out of the car, hid the gun and walked towards the lady. He clearly didn't know what to do, he was mumbling, tried to snatch the bag out of her hand but she wouldn't let go. Obviously. 

"What the hell is he doing?" 

"Well what the hell do you think?" Y/n snapped at the man she was playing family with. She saw John B reaching for the gun, and couldn't just sit there and watch him ruining his life. She run out of twinkie towards them. 

"Oh my god Bobby, there you are. I'm so sorry ma'm, my brother's disabled, he didn't mean no harm to you. I'm sorry if he scared you." John B was looking at her in shock. She softly reached for his hands that were holding the purse. "It's okay bobby, you can let go." John B was trying to figure out what was going on, but followed her lead and let go of the bag. "Once again, I'm very sorry."

"It's alright sweetie." It even seemed like the lady felt sorry for them. Y/n was pretending all the way back to the van, in case she was watching them. 

"What the hell happened?" Old John B shot at his son. 

"I don't know okay? I panicked! You gave me a freaking gun!"

"We needed that key card boy, you messed up! How else we will get inside?" John B was silent. 

"Here's your stupid key card. And don't you ever think of making him doing something like this ever again." Y/n threw the card onto her father, trying to stay calm. She hated the way her father was treating John B. 

They both looked at her in shock. "When did you? How?" 

"She had the card in side pocket, I pulled it out when I was making you let go of it."

"Maybe you are my daughter after all." He was looking at her and was.. proud? 

"No, thank you." She turned away from him and ended that conversation. 

They sneaked into the archives late at night when everyone was already gone. Well John B and old John B did. Y/n refused to help them in any more criminal activities and stayed in car. Turned out - not so great idea. She was kidnapped. Again. This time along with a car. Some guys took her into this giant mansion, when she met a blond woman with crutches. 

"Okay, what do you want after me?" 

"You don't seem too much concerned that someone just took you young lady."

"Not my first time, you wouldn't believe." 

"John B Routledge owes me something. Your father I believe."

Y/n start laughing. "Ma'am, you took the wrong one. My father doesn't give a shit about me."

"But your brother does. And that's what I'm counting on." 

It took them about hour and half, and both of them showed up. 

"It took me a while but I have it." Old John B started saying some fairytale while pulling out a dirty peace of sheet. 

"What the fuck is going on?" Y/n whispered towards John B, who was now sitting next to her.

 "She believes, it should be some magical raiment that would heal her incurable disease."

Y/n chuckled. "You're joking right?" But according to her brother look she quickly realized he wasn't. 

They got out thankfully. This lady - miss Limbrey - believed that it was indeed magical raiment and let them go. She rubbed it around her body, let go of the crutches and magicaly walked away. Talk about placebo effect.

They drove back to the Chateau in silence, until papa Routledge started talking about visiting some archeologist so he would help them translate what is written on those ancient statues. 

"Yeah, I'm out. This family is way too fucked up." 

"Y/n! You promised!" Her brother turned to look at her, a hint of betrayal on his face.

"I said I'll try. I did. I spent one day, with my father and in that one day he made you rob an old lady with gun, tricked a sick lady, and managed to get me kidnapped. There is no such a thing like a golden city, you are chasing after a fairytale. Get a grip and start taking care of your home and your son." She turned to her father. "I love John B, and I don't know you, I care about him, not about you, so if you will keep making him do illegal stuff, it'll be me who will call the cops on you." He didn't said a thing to her, so she just got out of the twinkie and went inside the house.