3.

The next morning Y/n was awakened by voices, She heard John B but didn't know who was the other one. She put a pair of shorts on, since she's sleeping only with T-shirt on and walked outside to the living room.

„Good morning," She looked over at the woman and saw her uniform „ Officer." Y/n looked questioningly over at John B, but he didn't said anything.

„Oh it's actually sheriff Peterkin, darling." She smiled. She was about Y/n's height, and she looked nice. Not like some cops, Y/n had a good feeling about her.

„Oh sorry about that, I didn't know." Y/n quickly responded. What is this about? Is it about last night? „John B, could you please send your girlfriend home, we still have things to discuss." She raised an eyebrow, looked at her and started laughing. „Anything funny, young lady?" Now she didn't look that friendly.

„She's not my girlfriend. She's my sister." John B explained to her and she was just staring at me for a moment. „Alright that's great. We now have two minors without adult supervision. I have to report that to DCS."

„Oh there is no need. I'm here just for a while now, I live with my mother." Y/n tried to convince her, but she didn't buy it. „Yes, I'm gonna have to check that. Oh, and by the way, I heard there was a fight on the beach last night, and that a gun was involved. Do you happen to know anything about that John B?" She walked over to the John B.

 „Really, a gun? No. Did I get in a fight? Yes, but I can assure you there was no gun." He tried to sound unbothered, but she saw straight through him .

„I know who it was John B, I'm gonna get to him, but right now, I need to know your safe. Both of you."

„Oh yeah, we're absolutely fine and healthy. And! Uncle T is coming back so.." John B told her as he leaned to the door frame and gave her a warm smile.

„He told you that? So if that is true, there shouldn't be a problem and you should stay in here." She responded strictly. 

„Thank you, that's what I want as well." John B agreed with her. „But if I stick my neck out for you, you have to help me. Tit for tat..."

Y/n stopped listening to them, as she needed to pee so badly. She heard them talking for a bit longer but then she left.  „What did she want?" She asked him and snapped him out of his thoughts. „She was asking about the marsh and the wreck we found yesterday. She threatened me with foster care."

„Did you say anything to her?"

„No, just that we were there yesterday but didn't find anything. Then she told me not to go there anymore."

„She's gonna be watching you now, you have to be more careful with what you doing. If she finds out you knew about the wreck and lied to her, you are going to be in trouble."

„Yeah I know, and she basically told me, that if I stay out of there, she will help me with DCS, and the whole foster care thing will be forgotten. And right now I think that applies to you too." Oh yeah, he's right. "I really hope, Peterkin is not going to contact my mum, that would be even worse if she showed up here."

„Are you gonna do it? You know listen to her and stay out of there." It was obvious he was deep in his thoughts.

„Yeah, it's worth it. I'm gonna have to tell the group. They are not going to like the decision, but it's mine and your's future at stake in here. So they could understand that." 

...

Y/n had a free day, so she did some more cleaning when the crew showed up later. They were just sitting, chilling, Kie played on her bongos when B dropped it like a bomb. „Look, I'm calling it off. All right? Peterkin stopped by and said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS. And now, not just me, even y/n since she lives here with me."

„And you believed her?" Of course, JJ and his hatred against cops.

„Yes, I believe her JJ."

„An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop." He told him as he threw a rock away.

„Look JJ, the only thing we have to do is stay out of their radar for a few days and from the marsh. And she's going to help us." Y/n tried to help a little.

„Yeah dude, and it really doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun last night!" John B was getting angrier.

„You know what? I should have just let Topper to drown your ass." JJ was still throwing rocks away and actually seemed pretty unbothered.

„Topper was gonna drown me?" Bro, this is really dumb question to ask.

„Looked like it."

„Yeah, I'm with JJ on this one, I don't think he would've stop himself." And it was the truth. "I mean I basically had to jump on him so he would let go."

„Oh yeah of course. That's funny, like Topper would drown me. Him, one of all people. Topper Thorntorn." 

„Have you looked in the mirror today? Dude they always win. Kooks versus Pogues." JJ said as he came closer. „They always, fucking always win! God!" He shouted. „Okay, it's okay." Kiara was the first one to calm him down, but without success.

„No it's not okay! If they don't want us in the marsh, it means there is something interesting, possibly valuable and they don't want us to find out! And I know you know it. I understand why you want don't want to go Pope. You are the golden boy, you have too much to loose. And you." He turnes to Kie „Well I mean, you are already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you need any of it. But you, y/n and me man, we got nothing to lose! We don't! Our life already suck, so why don't we try and get something out of it?" He wasn't angry or anything, but it looked like he actually cared about it. 

„JJ. I don't want to talk about it okay. I just don't. So leave it."

„So that's it? Y/n come on, tell me what you think."

„JJ-" Y/n started talking, but quickly got interupted by her brother. „JJ stop it! Don't bring her into this, this is between me you, we found the wreck, she wasn't there. And her life, is in stake too." He told him as he went in the house.

„John B listen to me, I have a plan okay? You got the key to Cameron's boat, is that right? There's scuba gear in there."

„No JJ." He sounded so desperate.

„We borrow that stuff, go to the wreck this afternoon and search it. And that is what is going to save you and your sister man. Think about it, no one wants you to go to foster care." John B was looking in the distance in the silence, when he went just „Alright, let's do it." Well, that didn't last him very long.

„Are you sure B?" Y/n looked over at him. 

„Yeah, JJ got a point, I mean I know Peterkin, but she's still a cop. And I have to take care of you right now too."

„I know, how to take care about myself big bro. But it's your call, and I got your back"