Demetri and I haven't talked in the past two days, either, besides a text from him telling me that he will be extremely busy, and to expect a call a little later than usual. It sucks, but like I said, my mind is far away sometimes.

"Well, thank you, Ellie. Thats very nice." Carlisle says, gently nodding his head at me.

I lightly scoff. "It's no hassle." I open the book at look at the first page, which begins to tell the history of vampires.

Carlisle and I sit in silence, with the exception of Bellas light snoring and fluttering heart, reach reading our books.

It doesn't take long to read, I'm done in a few minutes and place the book down on my lap, Carlisle does the same just seconds later.

"Did you find anything?" I ask him.

He shakes his head, a frown on his face. "No, though that was expected, I suppose. What about you?"

"Yeah, found nothing. Though it was a cool read." I say, shrugging.

"We may have to look a little deeper." He says. "There must be other resources we can use..."

"What, like google?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

He tilts his head to the side, looking like hes considering what I just said. "Perhaps."

"I wasn't being serious, but I'm glad you're considering it." I say, smiling proudly. He smiles too, albeit a little weak, its still a smile.

BELLA lays on a hospital bed, hazy eyes gazing out the window of Carlisles office turned into a makeshift hospital room

The bags under her eyes have grown quite large, and her skin has become much paler, ashen almost. The light from outside glints against the tears on her face.

Carlisle just attempted a biopsy on something inside of the womb, I don't know exactly what, because the words didn't make much sense to me, but he could not get a sample of anything, saying that the womb was 'impenetrably tough', I tried not to make a face of disgust when I heard him say those words.

Edward stormed out of the room five minutes ago because Bellas answer still won't budge, he was angry, obviously, and just quickly left. Bella had cried but stopped a few moments ago. I suspect Rosalie will be here in one minute tops.

"He just doesn't understand, Ellie." She says, her voice shaky.

I drag my fingers gently through her brittle hair. "I know." I say. But I don't get it, either, really.