i accidentally dropkick my boyfriend to space

Golden sunlight caressed Nico's face like a soft palm. He was beginning to enjoy the warmth. And Will. He had a boyfriend now, the obnoxious, overly happy doctor whose first words to him had been about delivering a baby goat. Eugh.

But whatever. Sitting here, in the strawberry fields, for the first time with another person, was nice. Will was surprisingly chill. Strawberry leaves brushed against his arms, earthy earth on his ass. Life was good.

His boyfriend - that was such a cool thing to say. His boyfriend. His boyfriend. His boyfriend. His boyfriend - looked at him with those sky blue eyes, contrasting sharply with his deeply tanned face and scattered freckles. He put his hand over Nico's, and as usual it was warm. Alarmingly warm. Nico was beginning to wonder if he had a permanent fever.

"We should go down. I heard that this afternoon we're getting watermelon." Will said, picking himself from the ground and brushing his pants off. This boy and his damn watermelons. Was that a Texas thing?

"Okay." he agreed, partially just to follow him, partially because his tailbone was starting to hurt. The ground was nice and all, but it was really solid and not nice for sitting at this time of year.

They meandered down the path, Will occasionally trying to hold his hand. Nico always refused. He wasn't ready for that yet.

The two of them were halfway down the slope when Will stopped, making him stop too. "Nico! Your shoelace is untied!" Before he could react, Will said, "Here, I'll do it for you."

His boyfriend knelt down, picking up Nico's laces, and that's where everything went wrong.

Panic seized him, cold fear washing through his body. He didn't even think about it. It just happened. His other foot swung at him, colliding with Will's chest, and the son of Apollo went flying.

Nico watched mutely as Will Solace soared over the hill and beyond the camp border, spinning higher and higher, farther and farther. Distantly, he heard Will's angry shout of "Dude what the fuck!", but it must have just been his imagination.

He glanced down at his shoes, and saw that the laces were lying limply on the ground. Good.

No one would ever steal his shoelaces again.

*appears after a month and a half with a 400 word shitpost* hi

i have content i swear im just tired and exams n stuff

also happy december 3 to everybody