fourth of july

The smell of meat sizzling filled the air. Demigods milled around, talking and arguing and eating corn. Percy slung his arm over Annabeth's shoulder, and she laughed, pressing herself against him. Leo was constructing the sauciest hotdog ever to be seen. By saucy, it is meant that he was putting too much sauce. It was unholy. Piper was yelling the national anthem, while Jason spoke to Reyna and Thalia, leaning against a chair. Hazel and Frank were nowhere to be found. Nico was on his knees, praying silently.

— — — — — — — — — —

"Money is the anthem of success, so before we go out, where's your address?" Piper sang to a group of mixed reactions.

"That's not even the anthem!" Nico complained.

"Don't you dare insult Lana." Piper warned.

"I-"

"Zip it."

                                                    — — — — — — — — — —

"He says to be cool but-" Piper pointed finger guns at Leo, who got onto his knees.

"I don't know how yet, wind in my hair, hand on the back of my neck," he pointed back at Piper.

"I said, 'can we party later on' he said yes."

"Yes, yes, yes."

Percy closed his eyes, setting down the knife briefly, before continuing to butter his corn.

— — — — — — — — — —

"Money is the reason, we exist." Leo shrieked, throwing out his arms.

"Everybody knows it, it's a fact, kiss kiss." Piper blew kisses into the air and struck a pose.

— — — — — — — — — —

They could hear Piper and Leo loud and clear from a dozen yards away, in the grass. Hazel patted polar bear Frank.

"Red, white, blue is in the sky! Summer's in the air baby heaven's in your eyes!" Piper yelled. Gods she was loud.

Frank gave a low rumbling sound, and Hazel stroked his thick fur.

"It's okay to be Canadian sometimes, Frank."

— — — — — — — — — —

"Tell me I'm your national anthem!" Leo screeched. "Jason pick me up and spin me!"

Jason sighed. "Pete's sake." he put down his hotdog and hoisted Leo into the air, much to his delight and the amusement of Thalia. He put Leo back on the ground and his sister shoved him.

"You're such a doormat."

"I am not a doormat! I've never had a single person wipe their shoes on me."

Thalia shook her head, sharing a glance with Reyna.

— — — — — — — — — —

"It's time for PATRIOTISM YOOOOOO!" Leo yelled into the megaphone, making everybody wince.

"Will you shut the fuck up?" Nico demanded.

"Freedom of speech, di Angelo. I can say whatever I want. I know my rights."

"It's times like this where I wish people under 5'6 were still persecuted." Nico grumbled. The jam jar slipped from Leo's fingers and shattered on the floor, eliciting a yell of anger from Percy. Leo ignored him completely.

"They did WHAT?"

— — — — — — — — — —

"It's America day," Percy said, sitting down beside Annabeth with two hotdogs in his hand. He handed one to her, which she took.

"Indeed it is, Seaweed Brain. Happy America day."

"Happy America day, Wise Girl."

---------------------------------------------------------

so clock just struck midnight it is the fourth of july now where i live yayayyay. happy independence day to all the american people that may be reading this. love you guys <3

also nico is saying misinformation. i think. 

piper and leo bestie chaos is something i live for. i tried.

anyways i just wanna say  im going on vacation where i wont have access to this site for like a month and a half so i wont update. i will still write some and then post it once i get back :)