chapter 15: part2.

Rosetta:

"Long time no see man, how have you been.?" Darriel asks Natalie.

"I've been doimg good, although it's been rough but all in all good man, how about you.? I see you finally settled down" Natalie gestures to Lilly.

"Yeah, there was no other way. I've been doing great. Just minor hickups here and there, nothing too scary, oh and by the way babe, remember my bestfriend that i told you about?" Darriel asks Lilly.

Lilly still looks confused,Natalie chuckles,I'm not surprised Lilly can be forgetful.

After the whole reunion episode, we finally take a seat.

"Seems like you already started the fun without us" Lilly says, i roll my eyes at her.

" Obviously you would say that" i say chuckling, Lilly loves getting drunk.

I see Darriel nudging Lilly's arm in secondary embarrassment, Natalie chuckles.

They call over a waiter and make thier orders, the waiter politely nods and disappears into the kitchen. I feel a foot lightly kick me under the table, my head snaps in the direction of Lilly, she playfully winks and her eyes move to Natalie, and i see a sinister smile on her face, i shake my head, assuring her that nothing is going on between us, just friends, she gives me the 'yeah right' look, i shake my head at her in defeat and let out a light, unnoticeable chuckle.

We all catch up and time flies by us, our food arrives in no time and we start to dig in. Everyone seems to be getting along well. This feels more like a doubledate, than a birthday dinner.

"So..." Lilly says with a suspicious smile on her face, i warn her with my eyes and shake my head. She ignores me and continues, "Natalie right.?" Natalie looks at me then to Lilly and nods her head while chewing. "What's  the deal between you and Rosey here.?" She says with a wide grin on her face while she cuts through her steak, i choke on my food and kick Lilly unde the table. She looks at me and says "whaaat???, I'm just curious Rosey, have you seen this woman?!" She says with a 'heeelllo' face, reffering to Natalie. Honestly i want to know too, but Lilly is way too nosey.

Natalie however doesn't seem bothered by the question, she instead has a light smirk on her face, now I'm curious. "If i were you i would be asking your friend Rosetta here Lilly." Natalie says in the most calm demeanor I've ever seen in such a stuation.

Suddenly everyone's eyes are on me, waiting for me to answer.

There's an awkward silence while they're waiting for me to answer, but i don't know what to say, Natalie is my friend, but u don't feel like i trully believe that myself. I mean it hasn't even been two months since we've known each other. I really don't think we have a 'friendly' relationship. I mean i don't think i want to be her friend. This is all new to me and it's very confusing.

It feels like I've been quiet for quite some time now. What should i say, 'she's my boss.?, my friend?, a soon to be romantic partner.? My...? I don't know okay...'

"urrr...well urm..., we are urr, friends...??" Well that came out more as a question than an answer, i look to Natalie and i really can't tell how she's  reacting to my answer as she now is looking at her plate and busy picking at her food and notgiving me any eye contact. Lilly just bursts into laughter, Darriel looks to Lilly with a confused face.

"Yeah right, friends... haa!" Lilly laughs as she mocks my previous statement, well, question. "With this much sexual tension between you guys you couldn't even fool a new born baby. It hasn't even been an hour that I've been here and you guys haven't once had a 'friendly' moment between you two... Rosey... baby.?" Lilly says looking at me, i look at her embarrassed, but trying my very best to hide it "come with me to the Ladies room please, i need to freshen up a bit" i see the eyes she uses when see wants to have a 'serious' talk with me.