-ch. 30

.·:*¨ ¨*:·. Ɯιℓтɛ∂ .·:*¨ ¨*:·.

·:*¨ ¨*:·

TW

"Bless her heart! That poor girl." Grandma shook her head as she placed the dishes in the sink. Caspien seen as he descended down the stairs, coming back from tucking Abigail into bed.

"I have everything taken care of." Caspien assured her. It was the truth. Abigail's father would never lay another finger on the small girl. Now all he needed to do was find Emilio.

"Oh, I know you do sweet boy!" She exclaimed making Caspien roll his eyes. She was dramatic, but he loved her.

"Now Alice, why don't you go get our stuff set away in our room. Me and Caspien will be talking in the office." Pa said motioning for Caspien to follow him.

Caspien obliged, still reluctant to the idea of them staying for a couple of days.

"I like Abigail." Pa stated as he sat down on the leather armchair, making Caspien scrunch his brows together.

Is that what he wanted to talk to him about.

"She's good for you." He added, a small smile pulling at his lips. "She reminds me a lot of your mother."

Caspien felt his heart beat faster at the thought of Abigail and his mother. It was true, Abby radiated kindness just like his mother had. His mother never had a mean bone in her body. Yet somehow she ended up marrying his father who was a horrible person.

"Your mother was good for my boy Donny...too good." He muttered out the last part shaking his head in disappointment.

"A shame he was a cold hearted snake who couldn't change" Caspien's voice dripped with hatred remembering the cold murderous hands that his father held.

"He wasn't always the way he was. He was actually very loving and caring for your mother. Greed and power got in the way and he loved that more." Pa shook his head, a frown settled on his face.

Caspien tried to imagine his father as a caring man. It was impossible. All he had known was his cold stone demeanor, his anger, and power.

He hated that he was so much like his father. The coldness and anger he held towards others. It was much easier to be that person than to show his emotions. It was much easier to have power than feelings.

"Emilio is going down the same path." Pa said with disgust in his voice. "I don't know where I went wrong with those two."

"We need to find him." Caspien grumbled his fist clenching as he became anxious again. Anxious that he wouldn't be able to protect his precious girl from that monster. "We haven't had any leads so far."

"Well he had payed a visit to us which is how we found out he was hurt. But he took off as soon as we mentioned coming here." Pa explained

"Did he talk about going anywhere? Mentioned a place he was staying?" Cas asked