-ch. 17

.·:*¨ ¨*:·. Ɯιℓтɛ∂ .·:*¨ ¨*:·.

·:*¨ ¨*:·

Rage.

His blood was flowing with immense rage.

Rage with himself, rage with whoever had done this to his sweet girl. Though he was fairly certain this time that it was her father. And he had allowed her to go back into the hands of that monster.

  He couldn't breathe when he saw her.

Something was telling him he needed to be at the cafe that day. So he sat there all day, waiting for something to happen. That's when she came in.

It all happened so fast. He saw her through the glass door, shivering bare foot in the rain, with nothing but her underwear and a soaking wet blanked covering her body. There was a fresh bruise on her neck and face, and blood trickling down her forehead.

His breath caught in his throat and he found it hard to breathe, his chest began to constrict as if he was about to go into a panic attack. He hadn't had one in so long, he didn't need one now. He needed to help her.

He had a pretty good guess as to what had happened. But he hoped that he was wrong.

He managed to get up from his chair and make his way to the door when she barged in. He saw her uncontrollable breathing, the frightened look in her eye, the tears running down her cheeks. But all of the sudden her eyes rolled to the back of her head, she fell to the ground and began to seize.

"Call 911!" He managed to shout as his lungs burned. He dropped to his knees in front of the convulsing girl who let go of the blanket that was covering her exposed body.

He quickly wrapped the blanket under her flailing arms and turned her to the side in case she threw up.

He tried his best not to look when she had exposed herself but it was hard not to when he had to cover her back up. He caught glimpse of all the bruises and cuts that littered her body, the ribcage that protruded through her skin.

His sister said it was bad, but he didn't see for himself until now.

He didn't even realize he was crying until a tear splashed on the ground. What was becoming of him? He could hear his dad taunting him in the background "tears are not allowed in this family, in this business. it is weak! pathetic!"

Sirens grew closer as he sat there, watching ,the sweetest girl he knew, suffer.

He could have prevented this. He could've protected her. He should've protected her. He shouldn't have given her a choice.

"Are you her family? Do you want to come with us sir?" He didn't realize but the paramedic had already loaded her onto the stretcher.

He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. His lungs were on fire and his chest was tight. "I c-could've- I c-could've stopped this. I didn't p-protect her I didn't." He said between breaths as he felt everything closing in on him. "I-"