-Ch. 25

.·:*¨ ¨*:·. Ɯιℓтɛ∂ .·:*¨ ¨*:·.

 Her heart pounded as she waited for Caspien to return

Her heart pounded as she waited for Caspien to return. She knew it was too good to be true. The words of the lady kept replaying in her mind. She wasn't good enough to be his friend, she was so stupid.

  Memories from the past week flashed through her head. All the happy moments and new things she experienced with him. Why did he let her break the rules if he didn't like her?

Was it all a game? 

Her breath hitched in her throat realizing how grave the punishment would be when he inflicted it.

She remembered the searing pain from the lashes that her Papa would give, the broken glass that would cut into her skin. And Papa wouldn't be as cruel as Cas, because Papa loved her.

She had to get out of here, she had to go back to Papa!

She quickly stood up neglecting the breakfast and rushed out the door. She had to leave before Cas got to her.

She stood in the hallway trying to remember where they came in from. Her breathing began ragged as her chest tightened, mind racing with worry.

"Hi hun" The lady who delivered the breakfast carefully approached the small girl, a warm smile on her face. "Are you alright? Do you need me to get Mr. Grey for you?"

Her eyes widened as she quickly shook her head no. Her body trembled as she cautiously backed away from the woman, scared that she would trap her here.

"N-need o-out of h-here" Her words trembled as well as her eyes kept dancing around the room, making sure Cas wasn't around. 

"Okay, the elevators are right over here, come on" She said leading her over to the death trap.

Abigail cringed looking at the metal contraption but knew it was the fastest way out of there. Nervously pressing the button the doors suddenly opened causing her to jump back.

Here goes nothing.

She looked at all the different buttons, eyebrows furrowed wondering which one she should push. She pressed the bottom one, hoping that it was right before she quickly gripped onto the railing for dear life.

The tears brimming at her eyes came falling down as the contraption began moving.

I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die.

She clamped her eyes shut and shook her head as she tried to breathe through it.

Suddenly the door opened and she stumbled out, rushing off the death trap.

She ran to the door that let the outside light shine through and she pushed it open going out into the icy cold air.

Her head whipped both ways trying to figure out where to go. There were people who littered the sidewalk, rushing to go places. Cars on the road honking as they stood still in traffic.