-ch. 20

.·:*¨ ¨*:·. Ɯιℓтɛ∂ .·:*¨ ¨*:·.

 "Did I k-kill him?" She questioned her lips trembling slightly as she looked at Caspien who sat on the edge of the bed

His face hardened for a second as what she was saying had registered. "No." He answered shortly, emotion lacking in his tone which kind of scared her.

He had assured her that he wasn't angry with what she had done which had confused her. She had done a bad thing and hurt his family, and somehow he was proud of her?

Part of her thought he was lying to trick her, the way Papa had done so many times before. But she wanted to trust Cas so bad.

"T-That's good." She said in relief as a weight lifted off of her shoulders. She wasn't a murderer.  But she still hurt someone very badly, and that her heart couldn't handle.

"Yeah." Caspien grumbled. For someone who supposedly wasn't mad at her, he seemed mighty angry.

"I-I'm truly sorry." She stammered, as if that would make the situation any better.  She lowered her head down in shame and began to fiddle with the blanket that covered her.

"Abby, stop." He called out, his large hand reached over and rested on top of hers, causing her face to heat up and tingles on her skin.  "You have nothing to apologize for, okay?"

Abigail simply nodded as she didn't quite know what she should believe. 

"Abby." His voice came out more stern, his hand reached up gently gripping her chin and forcing her to look at him.

Her breath hitched in her throat like it always did when her eyes met those piercing gray ones. She swallowed a ip thickly as she waited for him to say something but he kept searching her face.

"P-Pretty" It came out so quickly that it took her a moment to realize what she had said. Her hand quickly slapped over her mouth as her cheeks grew red.

That's when she saw the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. His smile. A genuine smile seemed so foreign to his stern and powerful face, yet it graced his features quite beautifully. A chuckle escaped his lips causing her face to heat up even more.

"I don't think I've ever been called that before" He laughed shaking his head. "You're very pretty yourself." He told her.

Her heart fluttered with excitement and she felt so giddy, like she could squeal out in happiness. He was so sweet to her.

All her life her father had told her how ugly she was, how horrid it was to look at her. Though she had never seen how she had looked up until a couple weeks ago. And Caspien kept telling her how pretty she looked. He was very different from Papa, and she liked that a lot.

"Good news" The doctor called out as he entered the room.

Abigail jumped back as reflex and Caspien must've noticed her uneasiness because all of the sudden he was right next to her, pulling her into his chest.