-ch. 18

.·:*¨ ¨*:·. Ɯιℓтɛ∂ .·:*¨ ¨*:·.

   Silence settled in the room, as she waited for him to say something, hurt her, or leave

Silence settled in the room, as she waited for him to say something, hurt her, or leave. Her body was tensed up, waiting for the impact. But he sat there, his thick brows furrowed in confusion as his eyes searched her face.

She regretted telling him as soon as the words bursted from her mouth. She had slapped her hand over it to keep it shut, scared that she would tell him more.

She had been given orders to be a good girl to Emilio and she wasn't. She was supposed to be punished, she didn't want to be punished. Her body couldn't handle it.

She knew she was in the wrong for hurting Emilio. He didn't deserve that. It was her who deserved to suffer, so why couldn't she just had gone through with it like a good girl.

She felt dirty. If he knew how dirty she was surely he would abandon her.

"I-I'm so sorry- I don't k-know w-what came over me" She sobbed. "I w-wanted to be a g-good girl, I w-wanted to make P-papa happy. b-but I c-couldn't." She said worked up. He must've hated her now. She was so awful, and now she would lose his kindness.

"Abigail" He growled, "Tell me exactly what happened." He said through his teeth as if he would snap at any moment.

Abigail looked up at him frightened, she wanted to cower away and hide so he couldn't hurt her. She tried to quickly move away from him, but he was quick. His hand grasped her arm firmly, without hurting it.

"Abby!" He warned, he was mad.

She swallowed thickly as she knew there was no escaping this. She had caused this to happen, she needed to accept her fate. She was only making things worse.

"P-papa told m-me to do anything Mr.E-Emilio asked to m-make him p-proud. I w-wanted to make P-Papa proud." She hiccuped. "So he l-left me alone w-with Mr. E-Emilio and he s-said he would t-teach me things."

"What things?" He asked, his voice dangerously dark.

"H-He taught me w-what a kiss was." She cried as another sob escape her. "Oh i-it was so awful c-cas, I f-felt so dirty." She said remembering the events that had taken place, she clamped her eyes shut and shook her head trying to forget the vile taste.

"a-and then he w-wanted to show me w-what my p-princess parts were." She cried, her heart beginning to twist remembering what had happened next. "H-he touched me- on t-those parts. I d-didn't like it, I d-didn't want it b-but he told me I n-needed to be a g-good girl."

"Oh my god." Caspien choked out, his face full of rage. "I'm gonna be sick"

"H-he ripped my c-clothes off. And I w-was bad- I tried to r-run away. I w-wanted to be a good girl b-but it felt so wrong. H-he said that s-since I wanted to be b-bad he would b-be rough. I d-didn't mean t-to hurt him. I d-didn't m-mean to be b-bad. I r-really did w-want to be a good girl." She sobbed. "B-but I hurt him, a-and ran away." 

"I'm s-so sorry, Cas. I—I'm so s-sorry. Please d-don't hate me." She cried as she watched his face twist in anger.

"I'm going to kill that bastard!" He growled, standing up and marching out the door, leaving Abigail all to herself.

She fell back onto the pillow as sobs racked her body, leaving her out of breath. "He h-hates me." She whimpered to herself. "I r-ruined everything." 

Her heart hurt. Why couldn't she just do what she was told. Why couldn't she ever do anything right?

"Oh- Abby" She heard Caterina's voice say as the door opened. "Please don't cry hun" She said, walking over to the girl.

"I-I'm so s-sorry." She cried out to her.

"You have nothing to apologize for." She said sitting on the edge of the bed and rubbing Abby's back in a soothing motion. "You are so strong, you know that?" She told Abby with a sympathetic smile on her face.

She didn't feel very strong. She felt weak and pathetic. A cry baby who couldn't do anything right.

"How about we take your mind off things and we watch a movie, hmm?" She questioned, grabbing the remote that had a chord attached, hooked into the wall.

She liked movies. Or at least the last one they had shown her. But she didn't deserve to do anything that brought her happiness or joy.

"I c-can't." She hiccuped looking toward Caterina.

"And why not?" Caterina inquired, her eyebrow raised and her lips drawn into a fine line.

"I d-don't deserve t-to." She mumbled quietly, ashamed of herself .

"Nonsense!" She said sternly. "I don't want to ever hear that come out of your mouth again." She added before turning on the TV and putting on a cartoon.

Her attention turned to the T.V. The pretty colors of the movie that Caterina put on distracted the small girl from crying. Her sobs turned into a hiccup every now and then as she watched a girl with red hair swim around in the ocean.

"This used to be my favorite as a little girl. It's called 'The Little Mermaid'" Caterina gave the girl a warm smile.

"T-the little mermaid." She repeated to herself, trying to remember the name of the movie.

*¨ ¨*

  Grasping the knife she inspected it, it was clean. Spotless even, as if it was brand new. Never used, never caused any harm.

She sighed in relief, though it was short lived as she saw her father and Emilio walk in.

She backed away, until her back hit the wall.

Yet there Emilio was, slowly approaching her. "What's wrong, Abigail? Hmm?" He asked, taunting her.  "Is your precious body guard mad at you? Well I could've seen that coming."

"N-no It never happened." She said looking back at the knife, that was now somehow covered in crimson red. The dark red dripping down her fingers. "N-no" she said her eyes widening.

She watched as his white button up began to seep through with blood.

"You did this to me Abigail." He tsked. "You are a bad girl."

"No I w-want to be good! I want to b-be a good girl!" She cried.

"it's too late! You're Papa won't love you anymore. You're a disappointment!"

"I-I'm a disappointment." She repeated, her heart sinking in her chest. If Papa didn't love her, no one did. She wasn't deserving of love.

"You're a murderer, Abigail!"

"Abigail! Wake up!" Caterina gently shook her awake.  Her groggy eyes starting to clear. "Someone's knocking on the door, it could be the doctor."

"Come in!" Caterina  called out letting the person on the other side know it was okay to come in.

"Abigail" The voice said as they walked in.

Abigail sat up, rubbed the sleepiness out of her eyes as she caught sight of the visitor. Her eyes widened and her breath caught in her throat.

"Papa"