A symphony of bone-crushing sounds filled the air as warriors transformed into powerful wolves, their fierce howls echoing through the trees. Others clutched their guns tightly, their voices rising in a cacophony of battle cries. Chaos erupted, the clash of metal and the frantic thud of paws against the ground creating a disorienting symphony of violence.

In the midst of the chaos, I attempted to tap into my powers, to channel the energy that usually surged through my veins. But to my dismay, my powers lay dormant, like a flickering flame on the verge of being extinguished. Panic gripped me as I stared at my powerless hands, desperately willing them to ignite with the familiar surge of energy. "Come on! Come on!" I pleaded, my voice trembling with frustration.

"Red!" Avery's voice cut through the chaos, her powers sending a creature hurtling through the air. She rushed to my side, concern etched on her face. "What's wrong?" she asked, her voice laced with confusion.

"My powers..." I trailed off, my voice quivering. "I can't feel my powers." Avery paused, her gaze searching mine for answers. The realization that my powers had abandoned me in this crucial moment left us both bewildered. They had been working perfectly fine before, so why now?

"Red," a voice called out amidst the chaos and violence. I turned to see Reyes, his presence calming amidst the turmoil. A soul eater charged toward me, but before it could reach me, it vanished into thin air. I watched in awe as Jacob emerged and quickly blew the smoke from his gun, a smirk on his face. "You're welcome," he winked before rushing off to face another creature.

"Red," Reyes whispered my name once more, his voice urgent. "Please, you must save Nicholas." Fear gripped me, its icy tendrils winding around my heart, as the gravity of the situation became clear.

"You're Nicholas' wolf, aren't you?" I asked, seeking confirmation as I sought shelter behind a tree amidst the chaotic battle. Reyes nodded, his expression filled with a mix of determination and concern. "Yes."

"I--"

"Red, now is not the time for questions," Reyes interrupted, his voice pleading. "Can you trust me this once and allow me to guide him to you? He's growing weaker, losing control over his mind."

"What do you mean?" I asked, my voice trembling with a mixture of confusion and dread.

"Morgan is trying to use him against you," Reyes revealed, his words hanging heavily in the air. A surge of anger coursed through my veins, my body heating up as my grip on the tree intensified, causing it to melt beneath my touch.

"Take me to him," I demanded.

Without hesitation, I left the others as they fought the dark creatures, my feet carrying me forward as Reyes guided my every step. Doubts nagged at the edges of my mind, but an unwavering intuition whispered that I was heading in the right direction. My legs propelled me forward with an urgency I couldn't ignore, each stride bringing me closer to an uncertain destiny.

"Stop," Reyes's voice broke through my thoughts, causing me to halt in my tracks. I looked around, trying to make sense of my surroundings.

"We're here," he said softly.

As my lips parted, ready to question someone silenced me, a firm hand covered my mouth, pulling me into the sanctuary of a thick bush. The rustling leaves whispered their secrets as Xavier's voice, both familiar and unexpected, shattered the silence. "It's me, Red," he whispered urgently, his words muffled by his hand. With a surge of relief and surprise, I pushed his hand away, my eyes widening in astonishment. "What are you doing here?" I murmured, my voice barely audible.

His jaw clenched with determination, Xavier met my gaze, his eyes burning with an intensity that mirrored my own. "I want to see him," he declared, his voice a low rasp.