Chapter 7: The Entrance

| RED'S POV |

Darkness

I felt the darkness enveloping me, suffocating my sense. I longed to break free, but my body remained paralyzed, trapped in this nightmarish state.

Red, wake up. A voice calling out to me, urging me to wake up, echoed with a mix of urgency and familiarity. It felt like a jolt of electricity coursing through my veins, awakening me from the depths of my subconscious. The words were foreign, yet somehow they resonated deep within me, stirring a sense of recognition.

ξυπνάω. The voice cried out, and In that moment, I knew... I had to wake up.

I sat up, gasping for air, my heart racing in my chest. The room was still and quiet, with Aunt May sleeping nearby. Feeling the sweat clinging to my body, I made my way to the bathroom, seeking solace in the coolness of running water. As I stared at my reflection in the mirror, my heart continue to thump erratically, betraying my attempts to calm my nerves.

Placing my hand on my chest, I could feel the relentless pounding, a reminder that something I was amiss. Confusion clouded my thoughts as I wondered what could be causing these unsettling physical sensations.

The person who called out to me spoke a language that I couldn't quite recognize. It was unfamiliar, yet somehow it resonated deep within me. As for the situation, it seemed like bad timing for these strange occurrences to happen just as I was about to make my escape.

To calm my nerves, I turned on the tap and let the sound of the flowing water wash over me. Splashing my face with water helped to soothe my racing heart. I reminded myself to take deep breaths, inhaling slowly to find a sense of calm amidst the chaos.

Finally, when I felt my heart returning back to it's normal rhythm, I left the bathroom and noticed my aunt had rolled over to my side, still asleep.

'Silly woman.' I thought, with a mix of affection and amusement.

As the first rays of sunlight caressed my face, I slowly opened my eyes and realized that dawn had already arrived. It felt peculiar to be awake at such an early hour, considering I was not particularly fond of mornings. But fate had decided otherwise, and since I was already up, I knew it was time to start preparing for the journey ahead.

Casting a fleeting gaze at Aunt May, who was still peacefully asleep, I hesitated for a moment before quietly slipping out of the room. With utmost care, I turned the doorknob, ensuring not to disturb her slumber, and closed the door behind me.

Returning to my own room, I stood there for a moment, silently contemplating the space that had been my sanctuary for so long. It dawned on me that it would be quite some time before I would set foot in this room again.

"Well, Red," I murmured to myself, summoning the resolve to face the imminent task at hand.

Hours passed by in a flurry of activity, as I meticulously organized my belongings. Though the process proved to be exhausting, I finally completed the task and collapsed onto my bed, feeling a sense of accomplishment. Thankfully, I didn't possess an abundance of possessions, as everything I owned could easily fit into two suitcases.

As I lay on my bed, catching my breath, I turned my head to the side and noticed that the sky had transformed into a canvas of vibrant hues, a clear sign that morning had arrived. And with the arrival of morning came the realization of what awaited me.

"Dear, you better be..." Aunt May's voice trailed off as she entered the room and caught sight of the suitcases, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Well," she said, a mischievous smile playing on her lips as she leaned against the doorframe.