Chapter 50

Red Pov

*Ring!!*

"Make sure you all learn the last verse of Elfiehuld," the teacher announced, but I barely registered the words. My mind was preoccupied with other problems, far more pressing than memorizing some Elfyhood nonsense.

Stuffing my books into my bag, I made my way toward the classroom exit when Ana called out my name. Correction: she shouted my name.

"Where do you think you're going?" she asked, crossing her arms and looking annoyed. Confusion washed over me.

"Uhh... the toilet?" I replied, raising an eyebrow and trying to make sense of her sudden irritation.

"Fine, we'll follow you," she waved at the rest of the group, signaling them to join us.

"We?" I questioned, baffled by their collective decision.

"Yes, we," Jacob chimed in, standing beside Dean.

"Guys, it's just the toilet. What could happen?" I rolled my eyes, unable to comprehend their level of concern.

"Everything," they replied simultaneously, earning disapproving glances from a few departing students.

Ever since the incident with my lovely Aunt Morgan, the guys had become hyper-vigilant, never leaving my side for a second. Initially, I found it endearing that they believed their constant presence would shield me from harm or potential death. But now, it was becoming tiresome. I couldn't even use the damn bathroom without feeling their watchful eyes on me.

"Fine... but only the girls," I glared at Dean and Jacob, hoping they would understand that having two boys waiting outside the girls' bathroom was beyond awkward.

They nodded in agreement, leaving the classroom and allowing the other girls to join us. Ana wasted no time in dragging me toward the restroom, a mischievous smirk gracing Avery's face.

None of this would have been necessary if Amelia were here. She had the power to cast protective charms on me. But ever since discovering that my blood was needed to Awaken some creature, she had grown concerned and left immediately after her visit.

"Guys, wait here," I said, anticipating their objections but not waiting for them to voice them. I swiftly entered the restroom, leaving them outside. I hurriedly took care of my business, aware that they would soon barge in, demanding to know why I took so long.

As I approached the sink to wash my hands, Reyes's voice echoed in my mind.

"Tough break, right?" he calmly asked.

"You have no idea," I replied, finishing up and deciding to rest against the sink while conversing with him.

"They care about you. That's why," he reassured me.

"I know, but I feel so suffocated right now. I can't move or do anything without them breathing down my neck," I confessed, unsure if it was my own emotions or his presence that lightened my burden slightly.

"Why don't you spend some time with Ni- Mr. Caddel? After all, he's your Guardian, and I believe he's more skilled in combat than your friends," Reyes suggested.

It was a good idea, but what would I even talk to Mr. Caddel about? I wasn't sure if I was ready to have a private conversation with him, especially after the strange behavior that occurred during our last encounter in his office.

What if he's angry that I came uninvited?

"I don't think so. Just trust me," Reyes encouraged.