𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎

A happy ending cannot come in the middle of a story - William Shakespeare

All of a sudden I hear a high pitched scream followed by,

"Chez watch di truck!"

I open my eyes and see a huge truck coming in our direction and the first thing I do is use my body to cover Chaélyn before I hear a loud crashing sound.

The car spins out of control and soon everything around me turns black as I close my eyes...

not knowing what was coming next. Whether or not we were all going to die.

" What the hell just happened?" I hear Cordelia's voice and that's followed by crying, hysterical crying from Chaélyn.

The car had stopped but when I opened my eyes I realized we were no longer on the road. The car was in the bushes, and I figured Chez swerved to avoid the truck.

I mean that was a truck right?

Coming directly at us?

I tried to calm myself down as I grabbed my Chaé from her car seat.

"Unuh good, the baby alright?" Chez asks, his voice laced with concern.

"Everything happened so fast...but we're good." I breathe, still rocking Chaélyn.

"Sis?" He turns to his sister, "Y...yea, but the truck...it..." she stutters, as she points.

That's when we realized the car in the other lane was hit, flattened to be precise. The truck had crushed it...

The same truck that was coming at us?

There's no way that's coincidence, right?

Just when Chez and I are supposed to be starting our lives we could've died just like that...

but as Shakespeare seh, happy endings cyah come in the middle of a story and this is the continuation of ours...I guess we just passed the middle...

~~~~