𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎

Vote
Comment
Share

❥Vote ❥Comment ❥Share

Cont'd

There's absolutely no way

There's absolutely no way...Nickolas could die and leave me out of his will. Something has to be wrong here...someone is not telling the truth.

"I'm sorry, what do you mean my name is not there, is this some type of Joke?" I ask the lawyer. I'm trying my best to remain civil so they don't think I had anything to do with Nick's death.

It's not a matter of me being desperate but it's logic. We've been married for almost 30 years, how is this possible?

"I'm sorry Mrs Raines." He apologizes and I release a breath.

"What about his insurance, who is listed as beneficiary?"

"I don't have that information, but if it was you the insurance company would've already notified you, since it has been 3 months since he died."

The silence in the room is loud,

I'm embarrassed but I have no choice but to accept what happened, while doing my own investigation. Something is wrong and by all means I'll find out what that is.

Nick would never leave me out, no matter what...

Or would he?

He had reasons to be angry with me before he died.

"Thank you, it's fine." I finally say. Ignoring all the eyes on me as I walk out of the room now heading to my car.

I need a distraction and I can only get that from one person. For now I'll just live with the money from the joint account.

Hopefully I still have access to it.

I fish my phone from my Birkin and proceed to search for his contact,

The man I've been seeing.

As soon as I see his name I tap his contact and select the call icon. While placing the phone to my ear, I open my car door and step into my black BMW.