Truth and Lies

I think Bruce and I were both deer in the headlights so to speak. A mischievous smile spread across the Alpha's face as he came into the room. He walked over to us, pointed at the chair Bruce and I nodded. He seemed to already know we found something. The Alpha picked it up to his eye level. Grabbing the bug and growling into it before he dropped it and smashed it.

"Both of you sit please" The Alpha instructed. I was dumbfounded. "Have you told anyone yet?" The Alpha asked me. Huh? Told them what. As though he could read my thoughts "I see, is there a reason why you have not?"

"Jade, he means that we are eighteen." Callisto said to me. OH! How the hell does he know? 

"No, Alpha I have not. I don't know why." I said I looked over to see Bruce had the most comical, confused expression on his face. I almost laughed out loud. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep my trap shut. Looking back to the Alpha it was clear that he wanted me to tell Bruce. Finding Bruce's eyes again I spoke.

"I turned eighteen." It came out meek and small. I could see the confusion, the excitement, and then the disappointment all flash through his eyes.

"Really?! ... When... Why didn't you ..."  Bruce sputtered all at once.

"I turned eighteen on Halloween. I honestly don't know why I didn't say anything. Cal simply said not to tell anyone yet. And with everything that happened after, well I honestly kind of forgot." My heart fell through my toes at the look on his face. It was hurt, but then understanding. 

"How did you know Alpha? Cal and I did not tell anyone."

"As an Alpha I know how many underage wolves are in my pack at all times, and you are no longer one of them." The Alpha explained. Well, that makes perfect sense. But how was this worthy of his time.

"Alpha, What about the bug? " Bruce suddenly asked. Sounding as though he did not want to keep talking about my age. 

"I had a feeling Elder Morgan had back up plans to his back up plans. The current issues are no longer simple crime and punishment Delta Bruce. The two wolves are looking at exile for the witch's drugs and the attack. By law, Brittney and Daisy also have the potential to be incarcerated or even exiled. There seems to be something deeper that has yet to be uncovered." Bruce sucked in a deep breath at the Alpha's statement about exile. Goddess, I had no idea the punishment would be so harsh. What the fuck are Bruce and Trisha going to do if Daisy is Exiled?! 

 "Brittney and Daisy have both made statements accusing Jade of being responsible." I was floored how the hell could they even twist this to be my fault. 

"How? How is this my fault? All I did was protect myself and my friend from a stupid angry wolf." I spat out; I was so angry. None of this made and damn sense. Callisto was softly growling in the back of my mind. There was no way we would take the blame for this. 

"They are claiming it was you who paid those kitchen omegas, you who gave them the witch's drugs, that you wanted them to attack them at the party. That you would defeat them, and you would be a hero."

"That is not true!" I screamed. The Alpha gave me a look that had me sitting back into my chair immediately. "Sorry Alpha."  I murmured as I put my head down a bit. 

"We know, it is impossible for anyone to provide the exact same statement as another, without it being rehearsed. Their statements also contradict the other twenty or so statements provided by others involved." The Alpha finished speaking. I sank further into my chair contemplated what the Alpha just said. He eyed me closely and I kind of felt like I was under a microscope. So, I looked to Bruce; I needed him to know it was not me. I pleaded with my eyes that he believed me. 

"I know Jade." He finally spoke. "This is not like you. Hell, I didn't think it was like Daisy either, but there is physical evidence against her. I don't know why she is attempting to blame you."  He sighed as he finished. I could see his aura getting darker. That cannot be a good thing. It reminded me of the darkness of a cave "This matter has forced me to evaluate some of the more recent incidences that Trisha brought up to me. I brushed them off as merely sibling rivalry. The other problem is that Daisy and Brittney claimed you paid the kitchen wolves. So, I had to check with our bank. The teller told me that you came in a week ago and emptied your account." 

"THATS A FUCKING LIE!" I shouted; I had never sworn in front of Bruce let alone our Alpha but that was absolute bullshit. I found it hard to breathe. I worked hard for my money. I had saved every penny not needed for clothes and school supplies so I could buy a car for college. "I have not been to the bank in two weeks, when I deposited my last paycheck." I said through gritted teeth as I glared at Bruce. I was angry, that money was all I owned, it was my way to get away from here, a car. I shifted away from Bruce. I noticed he visibly slumped at my movement. 

"Jade?" The Alpha spoke snapping my attention to him. "We already verified that the bank teller lied during their original statement. We know you did not withdraw the money. The problem is that Trisha did." My eyes clouded over. I slumped even further into my chair. 

Trisha did.  

©2023 Lisa Enstrom / @JadeFyre2018. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without written permission from the author. This body of work is available exclusively on Wattpad. If you are viewing it on a different website or platform under a different username or title, it has been illegally stolen, and you may even be at risk of malware. Please do not support these sites, as writing is hard work and effort on the original author's part. Head over to Wattpad and let me, the original author know if you have encountered this situation by finding me @JadeFyre2018