[Chapter 79: Calling Rose]

"You can both come inside when I'm ready, m'kay? No stalking or creeping me out. I was creeped out enough by the doll today." You told Michael and Chucky sternly, shutting your bedroom door behind you the moment you'd finished speaking to them so you could get changed into your pyjamas.

Then, when you'd finished changing clothes, you let them both back in, shushing both slashers before immediately dialling Rose's number. "Hey (Y/n)! How's it going...? Everything working out okay...?" She warmly greeted, waiting for you to respond as you leant back against your double-sided bed and held the old-fashioned phone up to your ear.

"You could've warned me, y'know?" You tiredly talked to your friend, awkwardness flickering throughout your tone whilst you wondered how to go about the whole situation.

"What, and ruin the surprise?" She spoke mischievously, her attitude making you roll your eyes and sit up instead of leaning back a few minutes after you'd just laid down.

"Gee, thanks. So then...what's the story? Behind the doll?" You commented in a sarcastic fashion, shaking your head while you kept on holding the phone.

"Yeah...It was a fire." Rose explained unhappily, sounding both awkward and uncomfortable. "Brahms...didn't make it out. On his eighth birthday. Such a tragedy."

"Oh, God. No kidding." You stammered from a stunned voice, trying to keep the conversation going without it twisting into something uneasy. "So the doll just...turned up not long after that...?"

"Yep. I know it must seem strange. I mean it IS strange. But it's all harmless." Rose anxiously thought aloud, the dark topic causing her to grow quiet during the phone call.

"It must be a way to cope or something. I can't imagine what it must feel like to lose a child." You talked about the subject worriedly, shifting from side to side and not knowing how to react.

"So he died (Y/A)." Rose finished up the emotional story with a nervous laugh, speaking like she didn't know what to say next. "Hey (Y/n)...He'd be about your age by now."

"They've lived like this for (Y/A) years!?" You exclaimed in surprise, your eyes widening after Rose dropped that specific piece of information on you.

"And before me, they apparently were looking for a Nanny for the last year." She added sheepishly, her words causing you to feel even more concerned for the family's well-being. Perhaps you shouldn't have judged Mr. and Mrs. Heelshire so quickly, and left Brahms alone...

"Shit..." You swore under your breath, panicking as soon as you recalled two of the rules you were meant to follow. 2. Never Leave Brahms Alone and 4. Never Cover Brahms' Face.

"What's wrong? (Y/n), what's the matter?" Rose wondered with curiosity, not knowing why you suddenly freaked out. "Did something just bother you?"

"Well, it's...it was Brahms." You admitted ashamedly, staring at the floor and avoiding looking anywhere around the bedroom.

"Oh, the doll? Did you leave him alone and break the rules?" She concluded wryly, her remark making you "Yes" in a tiny voice. "Aww, I know you're not supposed to leave Brahms alone, but I won't tell if you don't want. Besides, you're not the only one who has, y'know?"