[Chapter 32: One Hell Of A Coincidence]

"You walked over to the University with those two this morning...?" Laura commented curiously, Amber frowning in confusion while Cadence also looked relatively confused. "I didn't know that you three lived that close to each other..."

"We don't, we don't...!" You quickly panicked, taking a seat at your usual cafeteria table and worrying about just how perceptive your dark-haired friend could be. "We just...We just happened to...to bump into each other on the way...! Complete and utter coincidence...t-that's all...!"

"That's one Hell of a coincidence..." Amber chipped in with a bewildered expression, picking at her lunch and sounding moderately suspicious. "You sure that you guys aren't the ones creeping (Y/n) out...? You seem to be very interested in hanging around her all of a sudden..."

"We don't usually judge, so please don't take this the wrong way, it's just that recently—"

"I'm pretty sure that (Y/n) would tell us if we were making her feel uncomfortable." Billy cut across Cadence coldly, his unusually rude tone causing your eyes to widen from shock. "So let her speak for herself, alright?"

"Oh...I'm sorry..." She nervously mumbled, averting her eyes to the side before glancing away and acting awkward. "I, um...I didn't mean—"

"Hey, leave Cadence alone...!" You defended her sharply, protecting your friend and glaring at both of your "unwanted admirers" at the very same time. "She was only trying to keep the peace between everyone. So don't speak on my behalf like that!"

"Billy, we talked about this." Stu cautiously reminded his friend, his low voice and concerned gaze calming the other dark-haired male down. "She's not going to like us anymore if you lash out, remember?"

"Right." Billy replied unsurely, almost as if he didn't know how to interact with the group. "I...I'm sorry...Cadence. I...don't know what I was thinking. I'm not quite with it this morning."

"He's not very good with people." Stu informed Cadence and the rest of the girls quietly, his words and explanation sounding extremely disturbed whilst he spoke. "Neither of us are. We're...We're not used to socialising. So I apologise in advance. Please bear with us."

"Of course." Cadence agreed at once, her compassionate personality shining through while Amber and Laura nodded understandingly. "I'm very sorry to hear that. Let's all try to remain friends."

"That sounds like a wonderful plan." You sided with Cadence at once, shooting everybody a softhearted smile and trying to make sure that none of your friends were hurt by either Billy or Stu.

"It's almost time for us to get back to our psychology classes anyway..." Amber hesitantly pointed out, clearing her empty plate and other things back onto her tray before standing up.

"Yeah...We should probably clear up and make sure we don't grow late." Laura remarked politely, placing her food tray in the cafeteria's partly-full sink and washing her hands straight afterwards.

"Good news though!" You brought up happily, brushing their uncomfortableness to the side and attempting to brighten the atmosphere up instead. "I'll be getting my new phone tomorrow...! We'll be able to text and call again, just like we used to...!"