[Chapter 50: Comforting Assistance]

"Y...You didn't...?" You asked Norman in a dejected manner, sounding increasingly more disappointed and disheartened as time passed. "You didn't hear anything happen during the afternoon...?"

"I-I'm sorry, (Y-Y/n). Really, I...I am." Stumbling over his words, Norman apologised towards you as quickly as he possibly could; sending you an ashamed glance immediately afterwards. "B-But believe me, I-I always pay a-attention to your b-bedroom and belongings w-whenever you're gone. H...Honestly."

"Oh, uh, um...Thank you, I...I guess...?" You thanked with fake gratitude, feeling a little unnerved by one of Norman's...secret pleasures.

"Because that's not creepy whatsoever." Billy muttered under his breath coldly, crossing his arms and judging the other killer without any second thoughts.

"Yeah, you're telling me, mate." Stu sided with him within a matter of seconds himself, sounding just as stern and judgemental as Billy.

Wanting to sigh like earlier again, you forcefully restrained yourself; exhaustion washing through your veins whilst you silently stood up, remembering that you had to prepare dinner for tonight. "Excuse me, but I need to go." You spoke in a serious voice, ignoring your feelings of exasperation and weariness as frustrated tears pricked at the edge of your eyes.

"B-But wait...! We...We haven't f-finished yet...!" Norman panicked desperately, clutching one of your wrists with both of his hands before holding that hand obsessively against his chest. "Y...You're not m-mad at me...Are you...?"

Managing to hold your anger in, you faked a smile and used your other hand to free your wrist from Norman's hold; deciding to feign your calmness about the whole situation. "No, no, no...I'm not mad at you, Norman. I just...I just...I mean, I still need to make dinner, otherwise I won't have enough time to cook anything for tonight. You understand...Don't you...?"

"O...Oh...I-I see...!" Norman's expression cleared, the dark-haired male's mood brightening once he understood what you were trying to do. "Y-You're just...just h-hungry...!"

"Mmhm...!" You replied cheerfully, heading towards your bedroom door and giving all of them an artificial wave. "I'll call you guys down once it's ready, m'kay...?"

"O...Okay...!" Norman bubbly agreed, waving back before letting you leave. "I...I c-can't wait...! I...love your food, (Y-Y/n)...!"

"I know you do." You pleasantly told him, shutting your bedroom door behind you once you'd replied. "...I know you do."

"You absolute idiot." Billy snapped at Norman as soon as the door had closed. "Are you blind?"

"W-What on Earth are you t-talking about, y...you Jerk...?" Norman angrily retorted, pulling his knife out from his pocket and gripping it.