[Chapter 25: Number of Events]

"Y-You...You did WHAT...!?" You gasped in shock, your mother's words dancing through your thoughts as they forced you to remember what you'd been through beforehand. "Are you...Are you serious...!?"

"My, oh my, you are a tough one to catch." "Too bad you won't make it out alive - you're no Nancy Thompson."
"I don't care who Nancy Thompson is, or was." "—But I'm not dying to a lowlife like you!"

"Who are you? Where am I? Isn't this just a dream?"
"I don't have to tell you anything, sweet-face." "And you can't make me."

"You little bitch." "You think you can outrun me?"
"That's not my plan." "My plan's to survive until morning."

"Well I hope you enjoy disappointment." "You won't make it until the morning, little girl~"
"What, you wanna bet?" "I'm not afraid of you."

"—Oh, and just for your information~" "~That stupid pipe-hit didn't piss me off or make me angry."

"Why don't you get on with killing me already?"
"I could kill you in an instant, princess, so I'd watch my tone if I were you." "I'll...I'll split you in two."

"Guess what—?" "—I don't believe you."
"No one can help you now."
"Why should I care?"

"You can't escape me." "I will kill you."
"—And take your little soul, too!"

"So that's why..." You figured out with a frightened expression, fear flooding through your body while your mind replayed those malicious memories. "That's why he was so intent on catching me...Because you and the parents of Springwood all ganged up on him...Because you all took matters into your own hands, and—"

"—It was Mrs. Thompson's idea. She even took his knives." Your mother tiredly interjected, wiping her eyes from earlier and trying to comfort herself. "That's why I despise him. That's why he should be dead. Because he's nothing more than a sociopath. Because he just doesn't care. I'm worried for you, (Y/n). I'm scared. But I just don't know what I can do for you. I feel so pathetic. I...I feel so...so—"

"Mom. Stop." You silenced her sternly, your expression softening at her tearful glance and seeing why she'd go along with such a vengeful plan. "Please. You are many, many things, but you are not pathetic. I don't think what you and the parents of Springwood did was right...I'm sorry. But I can see what made you - and them - act that way back then. I can see why you'd snap."

"Are you...Are you really going to carry on staying there...? Living with...with them...!?" She hysterically bursted out - her lack of trust in each and every slasher returning immediately. "I mean, I know you were coerced and all, but Krueger's psychotic, Hannibal proved that looks can be deceiving, and Michael over there is a straight-up psychopath...! You say they won't hurt you, but how can you possibly be sure...!?"

"I'm not sure." You calmly replied, repeating her panicked words before holding her hands in yours. "You're right. There's no way for me to possibly know that. But you're just going to have to accept that I live there now. That place is my home. I'm dating them and there's nothing anybody can do about it. But please...please don't concern yourself over the choice I've made. I mean...I mean...I'll visit you more often...! I'll even give you my new phone number when my new phone arrives if that'll make you happy...! Will that cheer you up...?"