𝟏𝟓. 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠

As I finished consulting with my patient, I felt a sense of satisfaction wash over me

"You will have to take care of yourself and follow your diet, which I've given you. Your reports are normal, but you should follow your routine. Also, you should take the medications," I said politely, handing her the prescription. She thanked me and left my chamber, her face beaming with gratitude.

I sighed in relief after she left, feeling a sense of fulfillment. It's one of the best feelings in the world, seeing someone happy because of you. The smile on their faces keeps me going, even on the most exhausting days like today.

I had just returned to work after a two-week leave, and my schedule was still getting back on track. I had been afraid that the authorities might not grant me the leave, given that I was still new to the hospital.

But surprisingly, they had approved it without any hesitation. It was strange, but I wasn't complaining.

When I first joined the hospital, my superiors had warned me that leaves would only be granted for valid reasons and that excessive absences could jeopardize my job.

I had confided in Aayansh about my concerns, but he had simply told me not to worry. Yet, my overthinking mind had refused to let go of the anxiety.

Just then, a notification on my phone broke the spell of my thoughts. I reached for my phone on the table and checked the screen.

A smile automatically spread across my lips as I saw the message from Aayansh. His text was a welcome distraction from my worries, and I felt a flutter in my chest as I read his words.

Ansh🧿
Can you please take the honours of coming outside if you are done madam. Your soon to be husband is waiting for you🥲

I couldn't help but smile as I gathered my belongings from the table. I'm a self-proclaimed organized mess, always tidying up only to clutter things again moments later.

As I stepped out of the hospital, I was greeted by Aayansh's warm, beaming smile.

My heart skipped a beat as I rushed into his arms, embracing him like a child reunited with their parent after a long day at kindergarten. It's no wonder he affectionately calls me "baby" sometimes.

In his arms, I felt a deep sense of relief wash over me. Aayansh gently stroked my hair, his fingers tracing gentle patterns as he planted a soft kiss on my locks.

He's always had a fascination with my hair, a quirk that's remained since childhood. I closed my eyes, savoring the tender moment, and felt my heart overflow with love for this man who brings so much joy to my life.

As we parted, Aayansh opened the passenger door for me, and I slid inside, noticing a beautiful bouquet of white roses on the seat. "Aren't you spoiling me a little too much, Mister?" I teased, narrowing my eyes.