𝟏𝟎. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

I paced back and forth at the hospital, my eyes fixed on the clock

I paced back and forth at the hospital, my eyes fixed on the clock. I always arrived early, a habit born from a deep-seated need to control the uncontrollable. And today was no exception. I couldn't bear the thought of Alaya waiting for me, not even for a moment.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice the figure approaching me until a tap on my shoulder broke the silence. I spun around, my eyes locking onto a face that made my blood boil. Aayansh. The one person I despised more than anyone else. The one responsible for the pain and suffering that had ravaged our lives.

Anger coursed through my veins like liquid fire, my heart racing with a mix of fury and resentment. How dare she stand before me, her presence a constant reminder of the heartache and betrayal she had inflicted upon us? I felt my fists clench, my jaw tighten, as I struggled to contain the storm brewing inside me.

As I heard Alaya's name being called, I turned towards the main gate, and my heart shattered into a million pieces. My angel, my love, my everything, stood there, her eyes fixed on us, her face etched with a mixture of pain and fear. I knew in that moment, she had been transported back to that fateful day, the memories of which still haunted her.

No, my love, I screamed silently, don't let the past consume you again. You're mine, and I'll always be yours, your safe haven, your protector. I rushed towards her, my heart racing with a mix of desperation and love.

As I reached her, she collapsed into my arms, her body wracked with sobs. "Shh, don't cry, baby, I'm here, I'm with you," I whispered, trying to console her, but she just cried harder, her tears soaking my shirt, her body shaking like a leaf. I felt her pain, her anguish, and it tore me apart. I couldn't bear to see her like this, shattered, broken, and helpless. I held her tighter, pouring all my love into her, willing her to heal, to let go of the past and trust me to keep her safe.

"Baby, please breathe! Calm down, Angel, look at me!" I cupped her face, my hands shaking with desperation. Her eyes, usually bright and full of life, were dull and sunken, her pupils dilated with fear.

"I...can't...breathe...it's...hurting...me...so...much...Ansh," she stammered, her voice barely audible between hiccups. Her body convulsed, her chest heaving as she struggled to draw in air. I knew she was having a panic attack, and it was killing me to see her like this.

"Angel, I'm not leaving you! Breathe, baby, breathe! Please breathe for me, love. Please," I begged, my voice cracking with emotion. I felt her gaze lock onto mine, her eyes pleading for help, and then, suddenly, they rolled back, and she went limp in my arms.

"No! No! No! This can't happen!" I screamed, my heart shattering into a million pieces. I held her close, her body trembling in my arms. I couldn't lose her, not now, not ever. I'd do anything to keep her safe, to keep her alive. I'd fight with every fiber of my being to bring her back to me.

I lifted her up in my arms and took her inside the hospital. The doctor told me to put her on the bed. They started checking her up.

I scooped her up in my arms, cradling her like a fragile doll, and rushed her into the hospital. The doctor's instructions were a blur as I gently laid her on the bed, my eyes fixed on her pale face. The medical team swarmed around us, their equipment and tests a chaotic symphony that I tuned out.