Chapter 2.0: New Faces.

Start from the beginning

Y/n: (looking at Jay) "Btw, why were you both absent yesterday? Where were you?"

Jay put his one arm around your shoulder before answering. 

(The bond between these 3 was very unique. Jay and Jake usually hold her hand or keep hand on her shoulder and Y/n would keep her head on their shoulder or they would give her piggy back ride it was their usual behaviour because they are best friends and knew each other since childhood and even family friends so no one felt it odd in group.)

Jay: (meeting y/n's gaze)"No reasons. Just didn't wanted to attend history class so we skipped it, right jake?"

Jake: (smiling) "Yup."

Rose: "By the way, yesterday was fun; you missed it. We were given the clubs, and also, we have a new student. Her name is Sujin."

Jay rolled his eyes after listening to her name. Jake noticed.

Jake: (whispered) "What happened, Jay?"

Jay: (whispered) "She is the one I was talking about."

Yunjin: (looking at jay and Jake) "Did you guys say something?"

Jake: "Nope. So which clubs are you choosing?"

Jake said to change the topic. Rose told them about clubs and Jay and Jake decided to join basketball club. Jay was still standing with his arm around your shoulder. While rose and yunjin were organizing their lockers.

Y/n: (looking at jay) "So, any big plans for today?"

Jay: (meeting y/n's gaze) "Not really. Just hoping to survive another day of school."

Y/n smiled. As they finished organizing their lockers, Yunjin's stomach grumbled audibly. Everybody just stared at Yunjin's stomach and then at her face.

Yunjin: (embarrassed) "Guys, I'm starving! How about heading to the canteen to grab a quick bite? We've got a good 30 minutes before class starts."

Rose: "Yes let's go, I am hungry too."

Jake: "Sure, I haven't gone to canteen since ages."

Rose: (side eying) "Haven't you went running there day before yesterday just to bring your Galbitang?"

Just after saying this Jake faced Rose and was about to say something but Y/n went between them.

Y/n: "Now don't start arguing here, lets go"

They closed their lockers and you all headed towards the canteen,  your chatting , and laughter were echoing throughout the hallway.

After reaching the canteen, you joined the queue, and started deciding on food choices.

Yunjin: "Alright, what's everyone getting?"

Rose: "I'll go for the sandwich!"

Jake: "Same for me"

Yunjin: "Pancakes for me!"

Y/n: "I'll just stick to my classic combo, I think."

Jay: "I think I'll grab some buttered corn."

You collected your food and went to find seats for your breakfast. 

While Sujin was sitting with Jiyeon a little bit far from them, Sujin noticed Jay with Y/n and her group. Jay seemed different from the morning. He wasn't that cold boy anymore. He was laughing and joking around, which raised her hopes.

Sujin: "Jiyeon, do you know Jay?"

Jiyeon: "Yes, the school's heartthrob and the coldest guy."

Sujin: (while pointing towards their table) "But look there, he doesn't seem like a cold guy."

Jiyeon: "Because he is with Y/n. I don't know what magic she did on him, but he acts cold towards everyone except her and those three who are sitting with them."

Sujin: "What's so special about them?"

Jiyeon: "Special you ask. Along with Jay, Jake is another popular guy in the school. But they both never seem to get involved with any other girls except Y/n thats why everyone gets jealous of Y/n. Rose and Yunjin are known for their looks and slim waists. And I hate to say this, but Y/n is the popular girl of this school; she is beautiful yet smart and always tops in exams. They're like the ultimate group of this school."

Sujin: "Oh, Will Jay be my friend? I think I have a crush on him."

Jiyeon: "You can give it a shot. But he ignores everyone as if they are ghosts."

Sujin nodded to Jiyeon and continued her breakfast. Suddenly, Sujin noticed Jay tickling Y/n and started laughing, which made Sujin jealous of Y/n.

Sujin: (in mind) "Maybe he was in a bad mood this morning; he seems to be in a good mood now. I will try to talk to him again."

After breakfast, You all walked for  your first class. As you entered the classroom, Su-jin shot you a cold glare from across the room. You felt a bit uneasy but decided to focus on the class.

 You felt a bit uneasy but decided to focus on the class

This the seating arrangement in their class:-

Y/n sits with Jake
Rose with Yunjin

Jay likes to sits alone near window.

.

.

.

Disclaimer: I only own the story. Photos are picked up from random dramas. The intention of the photos is only to provide a idea of location. Characters inside the photos may vary because it is not taken from one drama but multiple Asian dramas.