Earthrealm's Greatest Swordsman

reesescup10 requested this one-shot

[Who You Are]- You are the younger sister of Kitana and Mileena Kahn and the daughter of Jerrod and Sindel Kahn. Your name is Athena Kahn.

[Your Powers]- You can manipulate your powers by speaking backward about your wants.

[Context]- While Raiden is battling everyone to become Earthrealm's champion, you pay close attention to the handsome swordsman known as Kenshi. You are intrigued by him and decide to pull him away to get to know him better. The two of you have more in common than you think and spend more time together at Sindel's banquet.
             **************************
[Athena's POV]

I sighed in boredom as I watched the earthrealmer known as Raiden battle Reiko in the tournament to become Earthrealm's champion. I have never been one for battles and wars. I was happy to meet Earthrealmer's Liu Kang finally brought, but one interested me. He's a swordsman, and his name is Kenshi. He is very handsome and talented.

I've caught his gaze multiple times throughout the day and have looked away out of embarrassment. I slumped back into my throne, wanting to get out of this tight dress and this seat. I rolled my eyes for the 100th time and sighed. It wasn't until I caught Kenshi's gaze again that I shot up and sat properly. I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

"Sister," Kitana tapped my shoulder, "Are you feeling alright?"

I smiled and nodded, "I'm going to use the restroom." I lied to her.

I stood from my seat, my eyes locking on Kenshi's. I smiled and left the room quickly. I strolled through the halls, hoping he'd catch on that I wanted him to follow me. As I walked, I thought about what I wanted to say. Should I tell him how I feel? Should I make friends with him? I have never been in a situation like this before, and—

"Princess?" Kenshi's deep voice called as he tapped me on the shoulder.

I turned around and smiled, "Well if it isn't Earthrealm's greatest swordsman!"

"Greatest?" Kenshi scoffs, then jokes, "You've been talking to Johhny, haven't you?"

I laughed and changed the subject, "So, what are you doing here? Don't you want to watch the fight?"

Kenshi smiled at me, "I saw you leave and thought you'd want some company. Do you?"

"That'd be nice," I blushed.

"I saw a nice garden somewhere near here. Shall we go to it?" Kenshi offered me his arm.

I took it and smiled, "We shall."

As Kenshi and I walked to the garden, we got to know each other better. He told me he broke into Johnny's mansion to steal back his family's sword. I laughed when I found out that Johnny somehow beat him. Kenshi kept saying he was distracted by Sento calling him. I laughed, not believing him at all.

I opened up to him about myself and my family. I told him about my sisters and how we got along. I told him about my mom and how she seeks power. And I told him about my father. Kenshi showed sympathy when I told him how my father died.

"Are we there yet?" Kenshi whined for the fifth time in less than 5 minutes. 

"We're almost there, lazy," I teased him.

"We've been walking for an hour!"

"It's been three minutes!"

"Yeah, well—"