And let you get your ass kicked? No way.

_M1LL3_ requested this chapter!

[Who You Are] - Your name is Scarlett Nightingale, and you are Havik's adopted daughter. Your family perished when General Shao and his army raided your hometown when you were nine.

[Your Powers] - You have the power of invisibility, can create illusions, and can faze through walls.

[Context] - It's been three years since Shao murdered your family, and Havik adopted you. You both turn to Shang Tsung for assistance in getting revenge. All he asks in return is for the two of you to work for him. Working for Shang Tsung is okay until Bi-Han, Kuai Liang, and Tomas discover Shang Tsung and his laboratory.

**************************
{Scarlett's POV}

"Scarlett!" I heard my dad call as he ran back into the room, "Scarlett, come here!"

"Dad?" I called back, "What's the commotion outside?"

Dad grabbed my arm and dragged me toward a locker in the corner of the room. Despite my protests, he closed the door but didn't lock it. He moved boxes in front of the locker I hid in, meaning to hide me.

"Dad, what are you doing?!" I asked, slightly afraid, "Let me out!"

I pushed the locker door open, causing some boxes stacked in front of me to fall over and make a loud noise. I tried to step out, but Dad pushed me back inside the locker.

"Don't move until they're gone!" He whisper-shouted.

"Until who's gone?" I asked, panicking, "Dad, what's going on?"

When he was about to answer me, there was a loud crash from the other room. He shot me a sad look before running off with the other person with us. Becoming claustrophobic, I started breathing heavily. I felt dizzy, and I wanted to get out. I didn't want to go against my dad's order, but I couldn't stay in there for longer.

I used my powers to faze through the locker door and the boxes. I ran through the halls, trying to find my dad, until I heard grunting from one of the rooms. Scorpion was there. He was fighting my dad and the guy with him. I saw him throw the other guy on the ground and turn to my dad.

Scorpion threw his kunai at my dad, making it pierce through his stomach. He yanked it out of him, making Dad fly into a pillar.

"Dad!" I shouted as I ran over to him.

"Scar, I told you not to move," he said, his voice strained.

"And let you get your ass kicked?" I sarcastically asked, "No way."

As I stood up and faced Scorpion, I heard Dad mutter, "Watch your language." I tried not to roll my eyes at his horrid timing.

"I do not wish to fight you, little one," Scorpion told me as I glared.

"You should've thought about that before you hurt my dad," I said, then started attacking.

I threw punches, and he dodged them. Getting tired of wasting energy from Scorpion dodging my attacks, I decided to use my powers. I duplicated myself many times and had each clone run around Scorpion. While he was distracted, trying to get rid of the clones, I turned invisible and snuck up behind him. I kicked him in the back, sending him flying to a pot of hot lava. How Shang Tsung got lava, I will never know.

Dad and the other guy tried to dunk Scorpion's head in the lava, but he kicked the man with my dad away. He grabbed my dad by the back of the neck and tried to dunk his head in the lava. Panic shot through my body as I approached Scorpion and grabbed his arm.

"Wait!" I screamed, "Wait, please!"

When he turned his head, his eyes looked to be on fire but softened when he saw my scared expression. My dad tried to wiggle out of Scorpion's grasp, but Scorpion kept a firm grip on him.

"Please let him go," I begged softly, "I'm begging you. I can't lose another family."

Scorpion sighed but released my dad. I ran to my dad and wrapped my arms around his torso. I felt him wrap his arms around me, as well. I saw Scorpion staring at us with a small smile. I can assume he's happy he didn't hurt my dad.

"Thank you," I said as he nodded.

Scorpion ran out of the room, presumably out of the building. Since he was still injured, I helped my dad sit, leaning up against a wall. I paced, wondering how to help him. It wasn't until I heard him grunt that I turned my attention to him. I kneeled beside him as he spoke.

"Scar, I told you not to move," he jokingly quoted himself from earlier.

"And let you get your as-butt kicked?" I joked back, "No way."

WORDS: 804

Sorry for the short chapter!! I am currently in Jersey watching my older sister and little cousin perform. They're dancers, and are competing. My sister has been doing competitive dancing since she was fourteen, I think. She's eighteen now. And my cousin is fourteen. She had her first dance performance last week, and today was her first competitive dance performance.