~~You Abandoned Us~~

[What you look like] - Pic up top

[Who you are] - You are Kyra Takahashi. Twin sister to Takeda Takahashi, daughter of Kenshi Takahashi, goddaughter of Scorpion.

[Powers] - You have telepathy and telekinesis.

[Context] - After 10 years of your father's absence, he returns to you and your brother with an explanation of his whereabouts.

*******************
*************
*******************
I walked next to my brother, Takeda, as we took in the sight of the ruined, abandoned town. I heard a rustle from ahead of us. I snuck a glance at Takeda to see if he heard it, too, but judging by his lack of caution, I can assume he didn't.

I nudged his arm, "Takeda, I heard something from up ahead."

"I heard it too," he admitted, then looked around, "follow me."

He led us behind a building. I was about to peek around the corner, but Scorpion's kunai almost sliced my face open. I gasped in shock and looked away from it to see Scorpion retrieving his Kunai.

"Come on!" Takeda grabbed my arm and ran to him.

Once he let me go, we attacked Scorpion. Takeda jumped and tried to kick him, but he dodged. They threw punches and blocked punches for a while, and then Scorpion punched Takeda in the face, making him stumble away.

My turn, I thought to myself. I heard laughter that didn't belong to me in my mind, but I chose to ignore it.

I ran to Scorpion and hopped over him, grabbing his sword during the action. When I landed, he reached for it and only felt the air. He looked at me with a confused expression then pulled out his second sword, slowly.

We got into a sword fight, and it ended with him on his knee. I threw the sword I was holding at him, and while he watched it, I kicked him in the chest, knocking him down. He landed on his back. I stood over him and held the sword to his neck.

"Yield," I threatened, then smirked. I heard Takeda's footsteps behind me.

"Well done," Scorpion smiled at us then moved the sword from his neck.

He lifted his hand, and I grabbed it, helping him up.

"You both are now Chujin," Scorpion announced, then bowed to us.

"You honor us, Master Hasashi," Takeda said as we bowed and I handed Scorpion his sword, "Now that we are Chujin, how will we serve the clan?"

"Your futures do not lie with the Shirai Ryu," Scorpion informed us.

"But... the clan's our family!" I exclaimed.

Scorpion started walking around us, "When I took you two in, I promised your father-"

"We don't have a father," I interrupted.

"Yes, you do, Kyra," a new voice called. Takeda and I turned to see our father walking to us, "One who's proud of you. The both of you. A Chujin in record time."

Our father bowed as Takeda snapped at Scorpion, "You knew he was coming?! And you said nothing?"

"Knowing this would be your reaction," Scorpion spoke up, "yes."

Rage filled Takeda's eyes as he attempted to approach father. Scorpion stopped him by saying, "Takeda, your father is not your enemy!"

"He might as well be," I growled, "he left us- abandoned us!"

"Kyra, I did not-" our father tried to speak but was cut off by Takeda.

"Ten years," he growled, "no visits. Nothing! You abandoned us!"

"Takeda, Kyra, I did not abandon you-"

"We were eight!" Takeda exclaimed.

"Our mother had just died! Now you come back?!" I spoke up, meeting his volume.

"Think you can jump right in as the proud dad?" Takeda scoffed.

"Son, daughter, I-" our dad tried to put his hand on my shoulder, but I pushed him away.

"To hell with you!" I shouted, tears filling my eyes, "I am not your daughter!"

Takeda pulled me back and got in a fighting stance in front of our dad, "Stay back, Kyra. I know you wouldn't want to do this."

He pounced at our dad and that started their fight. Punches were being thrown, but it was obvious they were pulling their attacks. After some time, Takeda knocked down our father.

"Now get up!" He ordered, "I want to knock you down again."

He sped-walked back to our father who was still on his knees, raising his fist. But he was stopped by Scorpion raising his voice, "Takeda, cease!"

Takeda stopped in his tracks so Scorpion continued, "Kenshi did not abandon you two. He placed you here for your protection."

Takeda noticed tears running down my face, so he walked over to me. He pulled me close to him and gently moved my head to rest on his shoulder.

"Kyra...," our father called out to me but I interrupted him again.

"Don't speak to me," I sniffed, "just...please."

Father didn't speak back so Takeda asked, "Protection from what?!"

"From those who murdered your mother," Scorpion informed us.

"What?" I asked, lifting my head from Takeda's shoulder, "She...she died in an accident..."

"That's the story I asked Master Hasashi to tell you," Father explained to us, he stood up, "but in truth, your mother was killed by Red Dragon assassins. I was the target. Sunchin was the victim."

Rage filled my body as he said those words. My thoughts were going at a rapid pace. Giving me more and more reasons to hate my father. I glared at him as I grabbed the rim of his shirt and slammed him into a car.

"Son of a bitch!" I shouted, "It was your fault!"

Scorpion approached us, "Your father has devoted his life to fighting animals like the Red Dragon. It is they who are without honor."

I grunted as I pushed Father back. I walked away from them as Takeda spoke, "You shouldn't have hidden the truth."

"You would have gone after your mother's assassin," Father said, "I could not risk that. Master Hasashi has perfected your fighting skills."

I then heard our Father's voice inside my head, "Now it is time to complete your training."

I turned to him to see him turn towards me, "How did you do that?" I asked.

"We are telepaths," he explained, "a family gift."

"We can read minds?" I asked pointing to Takeda and myself.

I hear Father's voice in my head once again, "Through training, we will determine your full abilities. And then we will hunt down the Red Dragons. Together." He grabbed my hand and put his hand on Takeda's shoulder.

I looked at Takeda who smiled and nodded at me, "Alright, Dad. We'll train with you."

Then he pulled us into a group hug.

WORDS: 1108