You Deserve This (angst/fluff)

[Who You Are] - You are Shayne Kahn, Shao Kahn's daughter.

[What You Look Like] - Pic up top

[Your Powers] - Like your father, you have mastered soul magic. You also have superhuman strength, just like him.

[Context] - This is an angst/fluff, as requested. Shao Kahn denied Reiko the blessing of dating Shao's daughter. Shao got angry that Reiko even brought up that idea, so he banished him from the castle. Not taking no for an answer, Reiko decided to keep secretly dating Shayne. They are both put on the run after a guard spots them walking across the field with each other.
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My father's laughter boomed through the castle, slightly shaking the room. He was taunting us. Reiko had just asked my father for permission to court me, but my father took it as a joke.

"You? Court, my daughter?!" He repeated what Reiko said, then laughed louder.

"Yes, and I see no problem with that!" I intervened, "Why can't he, father?"

"Shayne, my darling daughter," Father spoke, "He lives a dangerous life. I won't let him get you hurt. I won't let you get harmed. And he is simply not good enough for you!"

"General Shao," Reiko spoke, "I promise to honor, respect, and protect your daughter. She will be safe with me, and I promise nothing will ever hurt her. Please. Please don't keep us separated. I love her!"

"Love?" Father scoffed, "What a silly word for such a horrible feeling. Love makes you soft. And I don't need my greatest fighter growing soft."

"Father, Reiko will not be distracted just because he is dating me!" I tried to reason, but my father wouldn't listen.

"I said no!" He shouted, "Reiko. You have two choices. Choice one: you stay here and become my respected fighter. You'll have power over half the people in this realm. Choice two: You get yourself killed by disobeying me and dating my daughter. Which one will it be?"

Reiko looked at me, and I immediately knew what he had chosen. I looked down sadly and leaned back in my seat. I felt heartbroken until I heard him say, "I apologize, General, but I chose the second option."

I gasped in surprise. My father growled and said, "Very well, then. Guards!"

Then, all the guards in the castle grabbed him and dragged him out of the room. He tried to fight back, but there were too many.

"Reiko!" I screamed. I tried to run to him but was held back by my father, "Reiko, no! Father, please don't do this!"

"I'm sorry, Shayne," Father apologized, "But it's what's best for you."

"No, it's not!" I screamed in his face, "You never cared about what's best for me; you only care about what's best for the castle! You only do this to take away all the happiness I gain! Why, Dad? Why?! I've never done anything to you! So why do you punish me?! I'll never forgive you for this. I hate you, I hate you!"

I climbed down from my throne and ran to my bedroom. I slammed the door repeatedly, trying to get my anger out, but it wasn't working. I collapsed on my bed and started sobbing violently into my pillow.

No matter what I did, I could not stop thinking about Reiko. He introduced me to things a proper lady should never do. He was reckless but intelligent. He was funny and idiotic but serious at essential times. No one could ever make me laugh until I cried like he did.

My sobs quit, but it didn't help me notice someone enter my room. I didn't detect the other person's presence until I felt a hand on my back. Thinking it was my father, I groaned and told them to leave.