Sindel's Banquet

This one is for 6457xd who requested this earlier today.

[Who You Are] - You are Shao Kahn's wife, Chaka Kahn.

[What You Look Like] - (Pic up top)

[Your Powers] - Enhanced Strength and Intelligence.

[Context] - After everyone fights Raiden in the tournament and loses, Empress Sindel holds a banquet. While trying to keep your husband's temper in check, you also interact and socialize with the Earthrealmers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"I am ready for my next opponent, Your Majesty," Raiden says, while Shao Kahn scoffs and walks away, annoyed with Raiden's humility, "Whom shall I face?"

"Patience, young man," Sindel speaks and stands, "We are adjourned until first light. I hope to see you all at this evening's banquet."

The Earthrealmers left the room while Shao and Reiko glared at them as if they were the scum of the earth.

"Chaka, Reiko!" Shao called us to his side. He led us out of the castle and to the carriage we arrived in.

"I am very disappointed you lost the tournament, Reiko!" Shao growled at the boy.

I did not speak because I, too, am confused about how he lost. Reiko was our strongest and most fierce warrior. How did he appear weak to a mere earthling? I tuned out of their conversation and wondered how this evening's event would fall. I must keep Shao's anger in line. We arrived at Reiko's house and watched as he left the carriage.

"Dress nice, Reiko," Shao said without sparing him a glance, "We'll be back in three hours."

Reiko slammed the door shut and stomped to his house. As our carriage began moving again, Shao let out an angered growl and kicked a hole into the side of the carriage.

"Shao!" I gasped, "You must calm down!"

"How could I calm down when my so-called best fighter lost to a mere Earthling?" He shouted, "I want Raiden's head!"

I sighed, "Think of it this way, Shao: a strong creature coming to help protect our land will help protect Outworld."

"We do not need his help! I am done with this conversation!"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I decided to ignore Shao until we got home.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
At the banquet--

Shao, Reiko, and I stared at Earthrealmer Kung Lao in disgust as he scarfed down the food on the table.

"I don't know if you could tell, but," my best friend, Kitana, said, "I think Kung Lao is hungry."

We laughed together as Kung Lao smiled at us. Right when Kitana was about to say something else to me, Johnny tapped her on the shoulder and took her attention.

"I'm sorry, you're ten thousand years old?" He asked as she smiled smugly, "Wow! Talk about aging gracefully."

I rolled my eyes and turned to Lord Liu Kang, "What do you see in him?"

"He is a hero, Chaka," He answered, "though he may not yet know it."

I sighed as Johnny approached me. I saw Shao glaring at him expectingly. I think I know what's about to happen.

"Wow!" Johnny says, "You are wearing that outfit like you are doing it a favor."

Surprisingly, that made me laugh, "Earthrealmer, you amuse me. But you should leave."

"Excuse me?"

"If you looked behind you, you will see my husband approaching you with his axe. Better run fast, mortal."

Johnny turned to look at Shao, gave me one last wink, and then bolted out of the room. Sindel chuckled, then stood while raising a glass.

"My husband, Jerrod, believed that the future of our realms lays together," she announced, "Let us move forward in open dialogue...letting no secrets tear our bonds asunder."

Everyone stood and raised a glass while Raiden spoke, "Your Majesty, it's an honor to be here and to meet your people. I can already see there's more that joins us than divides us."

Shoa scoffed, "Our people could not be more different, champion."

"Shao, no!" I whispered harshly to him, but to no avail of stopping him.

"Excuse me?" Raiden said.

"Please ignore my husband, Raiden," I said.

Raiden nodded and began to sit down, but Kung Lao spoke instead, "No need for that, Mrs. Kahn. We want to hear what he wants to say!"

"Kung Lao-" Raiden tried to stop him.

"You heard me," Shao growled, "Earthrealmers are devoid of all-"

"That's enough, Shao," I spoke, loud enough to stop him, but not shouting.

"My apologies, Chaka," he said, "Perhaps I've enjoyed too much of this excellent wine. With the Empress' permission-"

"You may go," Sindel spoke.

Shao Kahn dropped his glass on the floor, smashing it into pieces, and walked out. Reiko followed behind him.

"Empress, I-" I tried apologizing for my husband's behavior but was interrupted by Sindel.

"You have nothing to apologize for, Chaka, if that was what you were about to do. You tried to stop him from insulting them. Thank you. But I will need to speak to your husband. You are welcome to join that conversation if you want to."

"Chaka!" Reiko's voice rang throughout the castle, making the room rumble.

I quickly stood up to leave but was stopped by Raiden grabbing my arm, "You don't have to go. You can tell him you want to stay."

I sighed, "I can. Or I can deal with the consequences of Shao destroying the castle in drunken anger."

I released my arm from his grip and tried to find Shao.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"It is bad enough we may lose to the Earthrealmers, but then you go and drunkenly insult them?!" I scolded my husband.

"You needlessly stain my honor and your family's proud military tradition," Sindel scolded while circling him.

"May I speak freely, Your Majesty?" Shao asked.

Sindel sighed, "Again, with this?! If you must."

"We must act on the sorcerer's prophecy. He warns that Liu Kang will conquer Outworld."

"And his predictions are usually impeccable. But I have no proof of Liu Kang's I'll intent. His interventions have kept Outworld at peace for centuries!"

"He herds us into compromises- shackles our independence! If we could meet our enemies in battle... we'd-"

Sindel snapped, "You would consign us to endless war!"

"Better that than being Liu Kang's lapdog."

"If I see evidence of the prophecy's accuracy, we will act. But only then and only at my command. Did not your illustrious father teach you that war is the last resort and not the first?"

"He did, Your Majesty."

"Do not forget that, General."

Sindel nodded at me, so I took Shao by the hand and led him out of the room. That was very eventful.

WORDS: 1096