19

ART GALLERY: 19

Carat Museum Grand Opening

Many guests filled up the building, all over them scattering to explore the new releases and expensive pieces of art, either hung on the wall or specially displayed on a locked canvas. 

Many guards stayed alert in certain places, dressed in suits with an ear piece. They kept still with the numerous amount of individuals that walked by, admiring and scanning the miscellaneous paintings. 

"Soojin, it's 4 o'clock. Your father asked you to introduce the works in Hall 4." Her manager informed, following the female that strolled by, smiling and waving at the guests. 

The Jang was dressed in a burgundy-colored short dress with a low v-neck and ruffled sleeves. It complemented her slim figure perfectly, her pale skin adorned with pieces of gold jewellery. Her matching, red heels clicked against the wooden flooring, creating a powerful and feminine aura.

She headed over to Hall 4, greeted by various guests, both female and male. She led them to a specific work that was painted by a fellow friend. 

"This is 'The confused skull', painted by Xu Minghao. He has used a range of oil paints to develop the splash and emotive message of this artwork..." She continued to explain, however, her tone seemed like she wasn't that interested in the painting. 

The guests surrounding her listened carefully, analysing the work as if they were professional artists. 

Soojin continued on with interpreting a few other expressive works - Her father even passed by, a large smile on his lips as he made the photographer take a photo of his daughter. 

Nonetheless, time ran out and the guests were all gathered to a specific function room inside the gallery. There was a large stage on the back wall, with rows and rows of clothed tables and fancy chairs. People took their seats at a specific table while they watched a female figure enter the stage. 

She sat down onto the cushion seat of the grand piano. She was dressed in a beige flare pleated mini skirt along with a matching cropped blazer. Her hair was tied into high bun with her curtain bangs framing and decorating her face. 

Gliding her fingers across the keys, she began to play a melody that started off slow, intriguing and rhythmical. 

The audience diverted their attention to her, swaying their upper-body as they listened to her tunes. The way she moved her fingers according to the background music was pleasing to their ears - Especially Jeonghan who was pulled in by her beauty as well. 

Minji continued to play the piano, her facial expressions moving with the rhythm -  just as expressive as the art. 

Meanwhile, Soojin's arms were crossed, glancing between her best friend and the subject on the stage. She noticed the way Jeonghan's lips were slightly upturned at the view, her eye twitching in irritation.

He's probably staring at her because she's so ugly. Soojin internally laughed at her own joke. She habitually clicked her tongue quietly while watching the Yoon stare at her so breathlessly, that should be her that he is staring at. 

Soon, the opening music paused, with Minji standing up from her seat and bowing, exiting the stage. In which the audience responded with a repetitive applause, amused by her skills. 

Then, Soojin, her father and Jeonghan got up on stage. Firstly, Soojin's father started off by standing at the podium, dressed in a formal suit and a tie.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I would like to thank you all for attending the grand opening of Carat Museum." The audience clapped. "This is a project that was planned by Carat Estates and Carat Exhibitions from Carat Group. We couldn't have done this without our guests."

He then walked alway from the microphone, signalling his daughter to speak. 

Following his order, she walked towards the podium, adjusting the microphone to her height. "Hello, everyone. My name is Jang Soojin from Carat Exhbitions. Once again, I am so honoured to have many people visit this event as it is the beginning of Carat Museum. Carat Museum presents various types of work, varying from paintings to digital sculptures. This project was established to display the importance of art and how we can use it to express our daily lives and feelings."

Then, Jeonghan reached the podium. "Nice to meet you all, my name is Yoon Jeonghan from Carat Estates." He bowed his head. "You will have time to view and explore all the types of artworks soon. The dinner party will be held at 6, then, the auction will occur at 8."

The three of them closed up their presentations, with the guests applauding as they left the stage. 

"Good job." Soojin complimented the taller male, nudging his shoulder lightly.

"Thanks, you too." The Yoon responded, a smile plastered onto his face.

Around half and hour passed, and Minji rose upon stage once again. The waiters began distributing the small but fancy portions of food onto each table, all of them dressed in suit vests and trousers. 

She resumed playing the piano, now starting a new melody that was much faster and upbeat than the previous one. The music hyped the guests, creating a happy and interactive atmosphere. 

Soojin and Jeonghan's family took a seat at the same table. At the corner of her eye, the Jang could see him admiring the piano player again, gleam in his eyes but he still remained relaxed.

She knew everything about Jeonghan, from the way he acts to the way he feels. They were best friends since their childhood and their friendship wasn't once ever broken. 

The performance continued to play as the waitress and waiters came out with dishes, some already beginning to eat. 

"I'm going to head to the bathroom real quick- I'll be back." The Jang announced to the male beside her, he nodded in response. 

Obviously, she wasn't headed to the bathroom but a place just to provoke someone. 

Yoyoyoyo

Yoyoyoyo