10

RUN AWAY: 10

"Hold my hand tight, should we run away?" TOMORROW X TOGETHER

"Bye Wonwoo!" The female waved, bidding her goodbyes to a trainee of the company

"Bye Wonwoo!" The female waved, bidding her goodbyes to a trainee of the company. Today, they worked on using documents and digital applications to record information and statistics, using example investors. 

"Bye, Minji." The Jeon smiled back at her, sliding his arm through the straps of his bag as he began to leave the office first. 

The Choi packed up in her own office, planning to wait for her father once she was done. Slipping all the files and folders she wanted to take home for the weekend into her tote bag. She put on the thin jacket she wore today, turning off the lights and left the small but comfortable and modern room. 

Walking pass only a few staff that seemed to stay over time, she smiled at them, "Get off soon, don't work too hard." 

She arrived at her father's office, noticing the lights were still on and the sound of a keyboard hurriedly typing. She knocked on the door, receiving a 'Come in!' from the inside. 

"Oh, Minji. Why haven't you left yet?" Chairman Choi inquired, glad to see his daughter. 

"I was planning to go home with you. Anything on?" The female wondered, standing near the door and waiting. Minji wasn't really a patient person.

"Sorry. I have a bit more to finish and I'm going out to meet with a few friends tonight. Don't worry, your mother is home."

The female Choi internally groaned, not wanting to be staying inside the same place as her. But nonetheless, she had to deal with it.

Bidding her goodbyes to her father, she left the whole building where it began to get darker and darker. She met up with the driver that waited outside and led her to the usual vehicle.

Arriving home, Minji avoided making any sort of contact with her step-mother, power walking up the stairs and shush-ing the maids that were about to greet her, in the most courteous way possible.

Once she threw hung her bag onto the standing rack, she threw herself onto the bed. Even through the whole huge house, she could hear the annoying voice of her step-mother that resonated, yelling at some sort of problem. 

She slipped out of her work attire, replacing it with a pair of loose, gray sweatpants and a black t-shirt. She pulled out the hair tie that held her hair back, allowing it to fall over her shoulders. She waited for the perfect moment to escape. 

Keeping her steps silent and speeding her own figure out of the home, she let out a sigh of relief when walking down the concrete steps in her white sneakers. 

The moon began appearing more prominent, Minji always took late night walks by herself whenever she felt the need to simply relax and break free from the trapping house, even if it was only temporary. It could have been dangerous for a young, female to be walking around at night but she didn't care.

A few more steps down the neighbourhood, she lowered her body to her own child. A small, stray kitten with a mix of white and gray coating. 

While she pets the small animal, she is unable to identify the sound of someone approaching her with their foot steps.

Slightly flinching, she suddenly hears a voice so close to her ears. She got scared that it could've been a creepy stalker in the nights of their neighbourhood.

"How come a girl like you is so kind to a cat?" The Yoon scares simply with his words. Minji turned back around to his direction, looking up to his towering figure above her crouching one. He was dressed in a plain oversized gray hoodie and a pair of black jeans.

"Oh, shut up. Maybe because Dumpling is just better than you." She snapped, turning back around to continue petting the stray kitten. 

"Dumpling? The fuck?" Jeonghan swears, disgusted and confused by the name although internally, he found it a bit cute. He uncrosses his arms, crouching down to the same level as the other female, observing at her interactions with it.

"It's her name. Fuck you." Minji spat, rolling her eyes at him. A smirk raises on his lips by a random thought. 

"Gosh princess, we going a bit too fast here." He teases, raising an eyebrow with a huge, cocky grin towards her. "Why are you out here at night?" 

"None of your business. Gosh, so all up my ass." The Choi tsk-ed, continuing to pet Dumpling on her fur, enjoying the softness and how the cat was clearly satisfied with the contact. 

"Really? Do you like it like that?" Jeonghan provoked once again, his seductive tone irritating the other. 

"What the fuck!"

He laughed at her surprised reaction, attempting to pet the stray animal as well but Minji slapped his hand away. "Whatever. You know it's dangerous for a girl to be walking by herself, at night too." The Yoon slightly scolded.

"Do you even care? It's not even affecting you." She glared at him, but met direct eye contact with his eyes. His addicting orbs sunk into hers, however, she quickly broke herself out of that unreasonable trance.

"Still. Don't blame me if you get kidnapped, princess." The nickname he used for her made her gag aloud, a natural chuckle leaving his lips.

"I wouldn't even think of you if I got kidnapped." Minji insulted jokingly.

"What are you doing?" The Yoon stood up from his crouched position, dusting his hands off as the hood of his jumper slipped off. He ran a hand through his short, black hair as he waited for a response from the female.

"Running away from my problems."

"What problems?"

"My step-mother. What else?" She replied blankly, a dry chuckle slipping from her tinted lips as the other stayed silent to her answer. 

His inhalation filled the sudden silence that fell between them. 

Dumpling idk why it's just so cat also I have reached like chapter 25 already for this book 😅