49

SPECIAL DAY: 49

Two weeks later

Two weeks later. The special day.

The bustling and packed city of Seoul sprawled beside the venue, filled with individuals. Excited faces were adorned in either formal suit and ties or fancy dresses, mingling with each other as more people began to gather.

A beautiful, rhythmic guitar strummed in the background, filling the touchy and anticipating atmosphere as a soft voice mixed into the microphone. 

A minimalist aesthetic defined the venue, with sleek lines and neutral tones surrounding the decor. Contemporary lounge areas with plush, white furnishings provided cozy nooks for guests to gather, beautiful flowers and dangling lights added a finished touch to the design, along with the many people that clinked their glasses.

Guests lined up at the reception, others that have already signed up starting to eat at the buffet and drinking with their colleagues. 

"This is so exciting. I didn't except to be at one of my friend's weddings so soon." Mingyu joked, fixed the centre of his black blazer while his other friend assisted in fixing his hair. 

"And you still came looking so shit." Seungkwan coughed, moving the singular black strand of hair that fell over his eyebrow. "I'm joking!" He raised his hands in defense. 

"Is there not a day where you guys aren't fighting? Be serious for once." Minghao tsk-ed, his arms crossed. Being a fashion student, it was evident that he knew how to decorate a suit properly, compared to the other who simply threw on some clothes. 

"I can't! I'm so excited!" Soonyoung squealed.

"Who would've thought the person he talked shit about will be his wife?" Chan shook his head, watching as Dokyeom stuffed a slice of sweet, creamy pastry into his mouth in one bite. 

"I know right. But I totally see them together." Jihoon added, until he was interrupted by one of the musical members from the hired band. "Ah! Right, I'll be back." 

"You can so tell they're rich. Look at the whole buffet!" Junhui gaped, recruiting all his friends to follow him to the set-up of expensive and wealthy dishes. 

"What a perfect way to end the year. Anyways, where's Wonwoo?" Hansol questioned, tilting his head as he drifted his eyes over his numerous friends but didn't seem to spot a specific one. 

"I think he's a bit busy today because of the whole company development thing. He'll definitely come, though." Dokyeom informed. 

"He's dead if he doesn't come." The male Kwon threatened, selecting some decorative macarons from the metal tray. 

The friend group continued to enjoy their fancy dinner at the venue without five of their friends, along with many other guests that decided to eat first. The mood was classic and calm, a great way to start a couple's special day that they had anticipated since the proposal.

Minghao scanned the venue, looking for Wonwoo. Instead, his eyes locked on a female figure, dressed in a long, lacey white dress. She had a high bun, strands pinned with a small clip. Guests could have confused her to be the bride, she dressed exactly like one.

"Is wearing white to a wedding like against the rules?" The Xu asked quietly, nudging the male beside him. 

Hansol nodded, taking a sip of his white wine. "Yeah, it's disrespectful to the bride. No one should ever where some extravagant or white to someone else's wedding."

"Then, why is-"

"Is Soojin wearing white?" Seungkwan gasped, choking on his prawn, tapping multiple times on his chest. 

"What?" The members reacted - almost immediately. 

Everyone diverted their attention to the female figure that was talking to some other guests, they nearly mistakened her for the bride but she didn't stand out as much. She a wide smile on her face as she conversed to others, lots of other individuals bowing at her when they walked by.

"I thought it was supposed to be Choi Minji?"

"Is that Soojin? The one he was originally going to marry?"

"They probably got back together."

Whispers began to surround the venue, all the groups separating into their own groups just to chatter about the female that was widely smiling at them - as if her plan succeeded. She stood like a goddess in her lacey, white dress that stood out from the rest of the individuals. 

"Was she even invited? What is her ass doing here?" Chan tsk-ed, his arms crossed as he looked at the female up and down from afar, his orbs raking over her attire. 

"I knew that girl was a bitch." Mingyu mumbled, a slight frown plastered on his lips. 

"Does she have no sense of manners? I'm going to fight-" The reflection in Soonyoung's eyes changed, turning blank as he began trudging over to the figure. However, Junhui held him back. 

"We shouldn't make a scene. We need to see what Jeonghan and Minji do about it first." The Wen suggested, a tight grip on his friend's forearm. 

"Hey guys, what's up?" A male voice approached the large group, all of their heads turning his way. 

Hansol nodded his head over to the direction, standing a female dressed in a all white. Some people mistakened her as the bride, even though it wasn't her time to shine just yet. Being protective of their friend who is the groom, also adding onto their hatred for the Jang, they had the urger to kick her out. 

"That's so disrespectful." Wonwoo furrowed his eyebrows, disgusted at the sight. 

Before they could continued discussing, the lights faded into darkness, the music getting slower. The wedding processional was beginning and Soojin was still dressed in white. 

I'm so behind on chapters but I'm sensing the end