16

FINANCIAL BENEFIT: 16

"Minji! You know you can't get drunk or else you'll embarrass yourself!" Shim Youngmi came stomping and snatching the female harshly by the wrist from Jeonghan's grasp

The whole group diverted their attention to elder woman who got ahold of the younger female, their eyes filled with concern at her demanding tone. 

Jeonghan narrowed his eyes, noticing the red mark that began to swollen around the Choi's wrist. His eyes lifted to the Shim. 

"Sorry, about that." She smiled at the males. "We will be returning home now. Thank you." She pulled Minji away.

While the two female figures left, the rest of the group stayed silent, observing as both Wonwoo and Jeonghan were the most confused. The sound of the others partying and the background music filled their silence.

"She's one of those strict, 'all-about-the-company' mothers right?" Jihoon simply guessed, still sat at the barbecue pit. 

"Yeah." Wonwoo and Jeonghan mumbled at the same time. They both flicked their heads towards each other's direction, a fierce tension building between them.

"Um, let's just ignore that. Come sing with me!" Dokyeom cheered, pulling Seungkwan and handing him a microphone as a few other guests began gathering around the small karaoke station in the back yard. 

Rubbing her eyes with her hands closed in a fist gesture, she stretched her whole body beneath the warm blanket. Minji still had seemed to be affected by the alcohol intake from last night. 

Sliding out of bed, she passed by the full-body mirror. Her dark, brown hair was a mess and her eyes were still squinting at the blurry view. 

"Shit, I look like shit." The Choi murmured, trailing her way to the bathroom where she quickly washed up and cleaned all the built-up dirt off her face. 

Of course, she felt much fresher and hygienic after washing up. She went over to her vanity table, quickly scanning through her skincare routine while staring deeply into the mirror. She barely had any thoughts of last night -  all she knew was that she had fun but someone had to ruin it for her. 

While combing her hair, a knock rose upon her bedroom door. 

"Come in!"

"Good morning, Miss. Your father asked me to make some hangover soup for you. It's on the dinner table." The house maid informed, bowing at the sat female.

"Alright, thanks." The Choi smiled, dismissing the older female who quietly left her room, closing the door behind her. 

After completing her morning routine, she walked down the stairs and into the dining room where she found both her parents, eating their breakfast meal.