13

GRAND MELODY: 13

Sunday.

Jeonghan felt bored in his home. His parents went out for a brunch date and his sister went out with her friends. He also couldn't hang out with his friends since they seemed to have plans. He was alone.

He could have enjoyed being alone but he was simply bored and wanted to do something.

The Yoon was dressed in a simple black, silk button-up along with a pair of blue jeans. He internally smirked of such an annoying idea that was fulfilling with his need to provoke someone.

He exited the large house, passing by a few house maids that bowed at him.

Instead of taking his car, he walked down the road, passing a few other huge and modern houses before reaching a familiar one. It had numerous concrete stairs that led it up the hill to the main part of the home, a garage at the bottom with a line of luxurious vehicles.

His shoes pattered against the steps until he reached the stoney pathway to the front door. The male pressed on the doorbell, introduced to a female servant.

It appears that the housemaid recognised him simply from his visual, how he visited this house before.

"Hello, Jeonghan. How may I help you?" She asked formally.

"I'm here for Minji." The Yoon blankly replied.

"She's currently busy right now. Would you like to come in and take a seat while waiting for her?" The house maid offered in which the male nodded. She lead him to the familiar living room and motioned for him to take a seat on the couch.

She provided him with a cup of tea and a small biscuit on the wooden tray before bowing and leaving off.

While picking up the small, glass teacup, he heard a faint melody in the background. It was a soft, tune of a piano that seemed to have come from upstairs. Taking a sip of the warm, oolong tea, he continued to allow the sound sink into his ears.

The piano melody played for a few more minutes, until an elder female walked into the space.

"Hello, Jeonghan! It's lovely to see you here. What are you here for?" Shim Youngmi inquired, she was dressed in a long, green dress with numerous pearls hanging around her slim figure.

The Yoon bowed at her with his head. "I'm here to see Minji."

"Ah... She's actually practicing piano right now, aren't her skills lovely?" Her tone was filled with exaggeration and bluff, assuming that the other would fall into her fake front.

From Minji's previous rants about her step-mother, Jeonghan knew she was lying and just using her as a 'perfect daughter'. He couldn't help but want to sneer at her fake behaviour that she was shameless to present.

"I know, it's beautiful." He smiled at her.

Soon, Youngmi left and her presence was replaced by a younger female trailing down the stairs.

"What are you doing here?"

"Your piano skills are so pleasing to hear, princess." The Yoon smirked.

The female raked her orbs over his appearance. He was dressed in such a formal but casual attire, his sleeves were rolled up to his lower elbows. His black hair fell over his forehead, it was un-styled rather than gelled.

"Thanks for being the only audience at my concert. You leave now, there's no encore." The Choi smiled, eyes creasing but there was no sign of sweetness in her tone.

"Come on, I made all my way here and you kick me out." Jeonghan frowned, crossing his arms and sinking back into his seat.

"You didn't make your way all the way here. You just walked by a few houses." The female deadpanned. "Could've at least told me you were coming." She rolled her eyes.

"I never knew you played piano."

"Because I never told you."

"You know, I have a friend who really likes music. He also produces it too." The Yoon informed, patting the seat beside him on the leathery couch. Minji sighed, but did so, failing to kick him out.

"He produces music? That's so cool." Said the female who laid her head onto the attached back. She looked up into the ceiling, closing her eyes and allowing his voice to fill the emptiness of the home.

"Yeah. His name is Lee Jihoon. Are you into music?" Jeonghan inquired, turning their conversation into a Q&A.

"Kind of? I don't know, I just like to play piano." She answered, shrugging her shoulders as she figured her response. "My mother taught me how to play-"

"Choi Minji. What did I say about mentioning your mother." A demanding voice called out from the back, even if the mentioned female had her eyes shut close, she knew the woman was gritting her teeth.

The Yoon stayed silent, eyes darting between the step-mother and the daughter.

"Don't make me yell when there's a guest here." The elder Shim imposed, making Minji roll her eyes beneath her eyelids.

Jeonghan noticed this, a small grin plastered on his lips after her step-mother left. "Do you think answering her with rolling your eyes will help?"

"How did you even know?" Minji jolted up from her resting position in suspicion.

"Princess, I can make your eyes roll back easily." He teased in a seductive tone, biting his lower lip as he faced the female.

"That's disgusting. You make me want to kill myself." The Choi gagged.

"I hope you do."

"I'm gonna kick you out."