Stage in Playful Land Part 10

Fellow inspected the addition of immobilized students with a smug sense of satisfaction. The scholars of Night Raven College. Each one in their own cages with ribbons holding their arms and wrists in place.

He sighed in disappointment, "Such a shame Lady Cassandra couldn't join the party. It shouldn't be too long though," he leaned against one of the beams of the stage. "I'm sure she will come to the rescue at any moment."

Fellow noticed the stage lights overhead flickering. Yet another repair that would come out of his paycheck.

"Y'know, there's a reason why in Savanaclaw, the witch has earned the nickname of 'sly fox,'" Leona said. "I think you're gonna find out why."

"I wouldn't smile too big," Vil cautioned. "This is the future queen of the Valley of Thorns you're dealing with. She doesn't take too kindly to anyone who harms those she protects."

"A royal, huh?" Fellow scoffed, "If I was able to fool all of you with barely an effort of magic from my part, why should a little girl be any different? I don't believe you, not even for a moment."

"Well, better get superstitious," Cater added with a grin. "Our Cassie is quite vicious."

From the distance, an airy melody reached their ears. A voice. So angelic and alluring. Yet the walls of the theater made it sound even more haunting. It almost sounded like a warning.

"Like a bolt of out of the blue,"

"Fate steps in and sees you through."

While they kept their ears open, their eyes focused on a little grasshopper approaching from one corner of the stage. They paid no further attention to it, until it came closer. Its body was made out of leaves. Its antenna and legs were made from twigs.

"Ha! If this is your idea of vicious, then I am trembling in my boots," Fellow nudged at his companion, "Gidel, won't you go and welcome our guest? Be gentle though, she's a lady."

The cat excitedly nodded before he ran in the voice's direction.

"Fellow, please!" Kalim pleaded. "If it's money you want, I'll give it to you! As much as you want! Just let us go!"

"You're too late!" Fellow chortled. "You've already lost. Why continue to beg and bargain?"

"Because I don't want to see another one of my friends get hurt..."

"Aw, you're too kind," Fellow placed a hand to his chest. "But deep down in your heart of hearts, you are just the same. All of you. Troublesome, privileged children who think they can do whatever they want!"

"When you wish upon a star....

"Your dreams-"

The singing stopped. Then a crash followed.

The boys waited with dread at the approaching footsteps. Fellow early smile of victory faded as he looked in confusion at Gidel. "Well? Where is she?"

Gidel shrugged.

Fellow pressed the side of his temple, "Geez, she's a royal alright. A royal pain in the behind."

"Told ya so!" Floyd said with a laugh. "Angelfish is very slippery. Where do you think she learned that?"

"Who are you to lecture me?" Fellow sharply turned. "Have you all forgotten the severity of your situation?!"