Lost in the Book with Stitch Part 5

"After so many days of being on this island...." Lilia rubbed the side of his temples as he walked out of the cottage. "Silver...Malleus...Sebek...I hope they haven't forgotten about me."

Grim rolled his eyes, "No need for the drama, Lilia. We've only been here for three days."

I guess Lilia forgot about the tally marks he carved into the cottage wall. Though, it looked like we would no longer need to do such a thing. According to Stitch's excitement and the progress he made on his spaceship, we could leave this island before the end of the day.

Riddle remained optimistic, "I'm sure it'll be fixed before we know it. Stitch has been really helpful since we came here."

"It's true. Stitch is smart and truly reliable. Besides, he's cute and strong," Lilia pet him on the head, "There's nothing bad I can say about him!"

Jack agreed, "Well...he was shown to be full of surprises."

I knelt to pet him on the head. He smiled as he leaned into my touch. "You've been a big help to us. It's been a lot of fun hanging out with you."

From the corner of my eye, someone angrily walked away from us and headed into the jungle.

"Grim!" I followed after him. "Where are you going?"

He grumbled as he strode, "I'm going on a walk!"

"Grim, come on. I know you're upset about something!"

He took off running, "Just leave me alone, Cassandra!"

I stopped walking. Never had he yelled at me like that. I became hard to discern whether the warmth on my skin was because of the sun or Grim's anger. It was leaving my mouth dry and tying my stomach into a knot. 

Not wanting to upset him any further, I gave him his space. He needed to sort whatever thoughts were running or emotions were brewing. I knew he would come back in a matter of minutes ready to talk and have a snack. 

In the meantime, we all made a group effort to assist Stitch in finishing his spaceship repairs. Lilia, Floyd, and Riddle helped him to handle the tools. Jack, Ace, Azul and I would guard the area. If Gantu wanted to send another surprise attack towards us, we would be ready for it. 

Jack's ear twitched. "You hear that?"

Though the clanging and banging of tools against the metal made it hard for me to hear. Using my magic, I tried to feel for any changes in the earth or in the air. Nothing.

"Everyone, stop!" I said.

They ceased their movements. I tried to listen again, but silence was the only thing I received.

Just then, something gripped at my chest, making it harder to breathe. My heart was pounding harder against my ribcage. It felt like a band around my head was becoming tighter and tighter. 

Jack caught me before my knees buckled. "Cassie! What's wrong?"

"I think....there's something...wrong....with Grim...." I said in between gasps.

I quickly searched for my bond with my familiar. My fingers dug themselves into the sand by what I saw. Thorny branches began to grow around me. I could almost feel the beach breeze becoming more frigid.

"Cassandra, you're really freaking us out here," Azul backed away with the rest of the guys. Stitch whined as he tightly hugged Lilia's shoulder.

A wave of chuckles rose out of me at the wonderful ideas I had running through my head, "I guess someone doesn't value their life."

--------------

"Cassie! Cassie!" Ace called out as he continued to walk the beach. "How could she just vanish like that?"

Lilia chuckled, "Teleportation magic makes quite the dramatic exit, don't you think?" Stitch looked to the fairy in confusion.

"Did you see the look angelfish' face?! She was pissed," Floyd said with a laugh. "I'm really interested to see what will happen next."

Riddle muttered, "Either way, I don't think it's going to end well."

The ground quaked. The trees harshly rustled. The boys immediately took out their magical pans. Stitch got into a defensive position. Something large was coming at them. Gantu ran with a large glass capsule in one arm. Grim was trapped inside, yelling for someone to get him out. 

"That's enough!" Gantu yelled behind. "I got it already! You made your point!"

A large tree root rose from the ground, making Gantu fall face first into the sand. He whipped out a gun from his side and took aim, but it got knocked out his hand.

The boys looked past the alien to see another figure quickly approaching. At the furious witch closing the distance between her and her opponent.