CHAPTER 21

"I thought I find you here"

Dinah was at the Slauson Cafe, her eyes flickering up to see Spencer. She figured if one person was going to find her, it was going to be him. It was her first time back being around in Crenshaw since the shooting, never did she think stepping back on these grounds meant attending her Kai's funeral; There was the repass that was happening at the park, but she didn't want be there, she was barely able to sit through the service; she didn't want to be around people she barely knew, or people that talked about him and told stories about him.

It didn't even feel good to be there.

When Dinah asked about how Kai died, she was told that it was a planned kill, considering where he stood in the ranks and his reputation in Crenshaw, Kai had a lot of enemies forged over the years, especially the ones that got put behind bars; so the plan of killing him had been in the works since he arrived in prison, it was only that night at the jamboree party did it get executed.

In regards on who actually did it, Dinah didn't want to know. She couldn't bother with the details.

"I couldn't go to repass, I couldn't even sit at the funeral for long either, it didn't feel right being there" Dinah sighed "not after everything"

Dinah didn't know how to describe her feelings. She didn't feel sad. Relived. Happy. Nothing. If Dinah was to be honest, she had felt numb since hearing the news. She wasn't sure how she was supposed to react or the appropriate way to; if anything she felt like should've been rejoicing in the fact that Kai was gone, especially since he couldn't cause anymore harm towards anyone anymore, and Crenshaw was safe. But again, Dinah couldn't bring herself to feel anything..well more like her brain had iced her out from feeling a thing.

"How do you feel?" Spencer asked.

"Nothing" Dinah put it simply, she didn't see the reason not to put on a facade "And that's the honest truth"

"What about your moms and Ally?"

Dinah couldn't tell with those two. Giselle had seemed fine, but Dinah knew that her mother was sad about it, but knowing her mother, she refused to let her daughters see her in her grief. Her baggy and redden eyes had spoke for her though, which told Dinah more than enough that she was hurt; the man was once the love of her mother's life, Dinah knew that her mother would have to deal with the grief of not having him in her life, except this time he was gone for good.

Ally on the other hand, she had moved around as if things were just regular and normal. Dinah hadn't seen not once a spark of sadness written on her sister's face, she wasn't sure if her sister had just wanted to be strong for their mother or she simply didn't feel any feelings towards it and just seemed content. At least it made one of them, Dinah could barely feel a thing.

"My mom doesn't want to admit it but she's heartbroken" Dinah disclosed "And Ally seems normal..or that's how she wants to make it seem"

"It's okay if your sad about it Dinah"