CHAPTER 16

One month later: 

"IS that the last one?" Giselle asked.

Dinah looked at Jordan brought in the last box, and Spencer laughing behind him watching the Baker twin struggle. 

"Yeah mom, Jordan has the last one" Ally said as she waltzed in. 

"This is beautiful Ms. Knowles" Spencer said in awe. 

It was moving day for the Knowles-Hansen family, Giselle had this place as a space to rent, and since they've moved to Beverly Hills, Giselle had made tons of alterations to the place piece by piece; making the home into something special. And after the events that transpired a month ago, time couldn't have aligned more perfectly. Plus the home was only three blocks away from where the Bakers lived and it was bit more secluded. 

"Thank you Spencer, once everything is unpacked. I would like to throw a little housewarming dinner with you guys...it's been a while since we've all be in one roof..well without it being under extreme circumstances" 

"I would love to get some of your cooking Ms. Knowles" Jordan said, he was out of breath and a bit sweaty "I've been missing it for quite some time" 

Giselle patted Jordan on the back "Of course, especially after you and Spencer went out of your way to help us" 

"Well your family at this point Ms. Knowles, so anything for guys" 

While Spencer, Jordan and Giselle were conversing in the kitchen. Dinah disappeared into the back yard of their new home, taking in as much fresh air that she could; the moving had been hectic, the last 30 days perhaps had been the longest Dinah had ever experienced, from therapy, to recovering from her injury, nothing could've prepared her for the emotional turmoil she'd been facing since the night of the shooting. 

Even if the time had been short. A lot has changed. 

"Hey" Dinah snapped her head to see Spencer, joining her at the backyard "figured you would be out here" 

"I needed a minute" Dinah said truthfully, the spring breeze hitting her face "this entire move has been hectic" 

"I can understand" Spencer said "especially after all that's happened in the past month....how's therapy?" 

"I mean...Normani is a great therapist. I was honestly opposed to going but after getting used to it, I never realized how much it's kind of helped me" Dinah stated "It's been pretty hard Spence, trying not think about all that's happened, I don't feel the same after everything" 

"I don't think you ever will after something like that, you just have to keep pushing" Spencer said. 

"And you?...how's your arm? Are you pushing through?"