chapter twenty eight

CALISTA

CALISTA

"I'M GOING insane." I groan as I pace back and forth in my room.

"We know." I hear some monotone voices say from out of nowhere and I turn around to face Morgan and Kelsey who stand in my doorway staring at me.

"I know I've only known you like a few months but you have never reacted like this before." Kelsey says, leading Morgan into my room and sitting on my bed.

"I know. It's like I see him and my brain just goes ah! Poof. Gone."

Kelsey looks towards Morgan as she nods solemnly at my words, "I can confirm."

"He's an absolute maniac!" I curse while finding the nearest chair to collapse into. "I mean he got tattoos."

"You mentioned, what ones?" Kelsey asks and I groan again, putting my head into my hands.

"My name, my birthday. My teddy bear, a statue, a plaster."

Morgan's eyebrows raise, "A statues makes sense, the museum but the plaster."

I shake my head, "I didn't give that one much thought..." I trail off until it hits me and my eyes practically pop out of my head. "He remembers."

Morgan gasps. "Well shit."

"Fill me in right now." Kelsey demands and I look to Morgan.

"They kissed once, while super drunk looking for a plaster. She didn't think he remembered it." Morgan explains.

"What you never fucked?" Kelsey seems shocked hearing this and I laugh.

"What! No." I shake my head, sex with Zane is the last thing I want.

"That explains the sexual tension then." She concludes.

"There is no sexual tension." I deny straight away and Morgan and Kelsey both laugh.

I roll my eyes, "Okay there's a little, but it's more normal we-hate-each-other tension."

"For you maybe but for him, he looks at you like he wants to eat you." Kelsey snorts and I gasp.

"No he does not, Kelsey Williams!"

"Ooo full name." Morgan chimes making Kelsey giggle.

"I live with idiots." I declare.

"We need to start packing actually." Morgan says while checking her phone.

"Who's we and packing for what?" I ask, looking at the both of them suspiciously.

"Oh we forgot to tell you, you know my friend Jason ?"

I nod, "Yeah, what about him."

"Well his dad owns like a hundred rentals across the US and there's one in the next state over it's free for the weekend. He only let us know like an hour ago which is why this is so late and you were very busy doing this." She points with her finger and I roll my eyes.