chapter seven

CALISTA

CALISTA

FRIDAY NIGHTS used to be fight nights, but not anymore.

This is the first Friday night I've had to myself in years and I'm having an amazing time.

I started it off with filming a yoga video for a channel that I've had for a while. Yoga is one of the things that kept me going throughout my relationship with Wyatt. It was alone time and it was peace and quiet. One day I decided to film it so that I could check if I was doing things right and then I ended up posting them online. Ever since then I've grown a pretty sizeable following that Wyatt had no clue about, thank god.

I then had a bubble bath, I ordered sushi and now I'm doing my own nails for the first time in years. I mastered the art of nails back in high school but Wyatt hated them so I stopped.

I've done almond shaped nails and I've painted them a dark red and added a star to one of the nails. 

After that I spend the rest of my evening editing a video for my yoga channel and eventually fall asleep in my bed around two am.

So much of my crippling anxiety has gone anyway since leaving Wyatt and I feel so much lighter. I wish I'd done this much sooner, but I didn't know that I could. In my mind the only option was Wyatt being alone wasn't an option. I have no clue how he instilled that idea in my head but he did and it stuck.

I feel at peace for once. I love just sitting in this apartment listening to the silence because with Wyatt silence was a luxury that I couldn't afford. I was rarely ever alone and if I was I was watching my back, waiting for him to come home.

When I wake up Saturday I have a slow morning. I don't get out of bed immedietly and instead start scrolling through my phone, pausing when I see article about Wyatt being arrested for drug possession. My eyes widen before a small smile appears, take that bitch.

It also turns out that his fingerprints match that of a robbery I didn't know he committed, so it's not looking great for him. 

Oh well.

Eventually I get out of bed and I change into a sundress so that I can go to the market today. I pick a pair of sunglasses, put my wedges on and pick up a tote bag.

The market is very busy but I love it anyway. There are so many different stalls, ranging from food to clothes to home stuff.

I pick up a new gold necklace and some gold earrings from one place, a stuffed bear from another and then get noodles for lunch from a food stall. I stop by the grocery store on the way home to get some ingredients for dinner because I'm making fajitas.

I love cooking.

When I get back, I put the small stuffed bear that I bought on the the kitchen counter with me. I'm not quite sure what compelled me to buy a stuff bear at my age, but when I saw it I just had to have it.