chapter ten

CALISTA

CALISTA

I'M WALKING down the hospital hallway when Morgan pulls me to the side.

"We're going out tonight." She declares because it's a Friday night.

"Okay." I accept and I wonder what Zane and Mikey are doing tonight, fighting probably.

Part of me wants to go see them, to support them, but after years of being forced to go I think it would be a little silly to go back when I don't have to. I've always secretly enjoyed watching fight nights, I just hated the consequences that came with them. I don't have to worry about that anymore though.

My eyes slide over to Morgan. "How do you feel about things that aren't one hundred percent legal?"

Her eyes literally sparkle with excitement. "What do you have in mind?"

After explaining to Morgan how I used to spend my Friday nights, I message Mikey asking if they're fighting tonight.

He replies instantly saying that they both are and asking why I wanted to know.

'I'm thinking of bringing a friend to come watch' I text back.

'Is she hot?'

'Gorgeous.'

'We're always happy to see you Cal, bring whoever you want. Are you sure you want to come though, knowing your history.'

'I think I'll be fine. Things are different now.'

'Good, maybe afterwards we can go out for drinks. If we're not too beat up'

"I finally get to meet your friends." Morgan says excitedly.

"They're not really my friends, they're just people I know." I consider Mikey a friend but I'm not so sure where I stand with Zane.

He's confusing and I'm confused.

After our shift, Morgan and I go back to my place to get ready. I'm wearing a pair of black leather pants and a brown top while Morgan is wearing a pair of blue jeans with a black top.

Morgan is from the Philippines and she has the most gorgeous thick black hair with wispy bangs that frame her face. We get along really well and it feels like I've known her forever, she came into my life at the exact right time too.

I mix our pre drinks that we have while we're doing our makeup. I'm sat on the floor doing it by the floor-length mirror and she's using it by standing above me.

We're making it work.

"So, how do you feel about Zane?" She asks from above me.

Our eye connect through the mirror, "I don't feel anything about Zane."

Morgan scoffs.

"I've mentioned him the same amount as Mikey, and yet you question me about Zane." I point out.