Digging into her past .

Amelia .

Angie got me some water after I calmed down, she's looking at me with some concern showing on her face, I feel bad for making her worry about me .

" are you better now ?" She asks me while holding my hand gently, she's a really good friend I love her so much .

" I'm better, I'm sorry for making you worry about me, it was my horrible mom " I zone out a bit as I remember that call, after all those years why now ? Why couldn't she tell me about my dad ? I get out of my thoughts when I feel Angie shaking me gently .

" fuck, I'm sorry " .
" are you okay, I've been calling you so many times but it seemed like you were stuck in your own thoughts and I'm assuming they're not that good right ? I mean you had a frown on your face while you .. you know what let's get you home and we'll talk when you're ready to tell me okay ".

With that we gather our things and get a cab home, I feel drained and all I wanna do right now is to get some sleep but I know I have to tell Angie about that phone call, otherwise she'll be all worried about me and I don't wanna stress her much .

" she called " I say as soon as we sit down on our small couch, she knows about my family situation and who I'm talking about at this point . I'm fiddling with my fingers as I get ready to tell her about the big part .

" It seems like my father is alive or something, I don't know if it's true or she just wants me to give her money "

" do you trust her, I know you wanna know your father Amelia and I want that for you, but remember how that woman treated you, she might wanna trick you and twist your mind with all her lies " . I know she's right but a part of me can't help thinking if this is the risk I should take .

" don't think too much about it right now, we're gonna find your father or his side of the family, remember that's one of our goals and we will fulfill it i promise you " she gives me a tight hug after she said that, she's my biggest support and I'm grateful to have her in my life .

" you're right, I'm just gonna take a nap right now and Angie .. thank you for being my best friend " .

" I got you " . She hugs me for the last time and I went to my room to sleep .

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Leo .

" I found more information about that girl, Amelia Black " Damon says as he enters my office, he's my best friend and my right hand man .
I asked him to look more into Amelia for me .

" And what did you find ?" I ask while unbuttoning my shirt and change into a sleeveless vest .

" something interesting, her current mother is not really her real mom, her real mom died a week after she gave birth to her and it seems like she was murdered but I'm still looking into that " Damon says while handing me the file with Amelia's information, now this is something .

" Amelia's late mom and the current one were siblings, but they never really got along, I couldn't find much about her dad, it's like he never existed but I found a few letters to Amelia's mother from R, whomever had wrote her those letters was really mysterious and he did not write much about himself .. but I think he's the father cause in two of them he mentioned the unborn baby which at that time the pregnancy was two months old, all the information is in that file I got some work to do " .

" Thanks, I'll check everything out go do your thing " .

I'm shocked at what I find, Amelia really had a tough life living with her aunt cause that woman is evil, and it seems like she doesn't even know that her real mom is dead .
Her late mother had a cafe under her name, left it for her daughter but it was taken away from Amelia by that evil woman and how she forged the will I don't know, but it looks like she got help from someone .
After four months of not being able to manage the cafe, she decided to sell it at a lower price, there are more shocking things in this file . At this point I'm think about whether I should let Amelia know about this or not .