𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢 𝘺 𝘜𝘯𝘰

Start from the beginning

I basically jump out of bed, desperately trying to catch my breath. I place my sweaty hand on my racing heart as my eyes look around the room. They finally land on the huge open window that shows a perfect view of the calm ocean waters.

It was just a dream.

It was just a dream.

I breathe in through my nose and out my mouth, watching the white curtains slowly sway as the breeze enters the room. My heart beat begins to slow down with each deep breath that I take. He can't hurt me anymore.

I'm safe.

From the corner of my eye I can see a bouquet of white roses on the nightstand. Huh? I turn my head to get a better look and see the beautiful white roses with a note that has the words 'mia cara' written on the front.

I lean over and grab the note, turning it over.

Come down and have breakfast with me. Please.

Damn him. I angrily place the note on the nightstand, trying my best not to admire the roses.

I am surprised he even said please.

But if he thinks roses and me having breakfast with him can fix this he is wrong.

And I'm not even sure he came back last night.

My stomach churns at the idea of him with someone else last night. I shouldn't care, matter of fact I don't care.

This marriage is strictly business like he said which means he is free to do whatever he wants just like I am.

There's a knock on my door and I immediately fix my hair, hoping that it looks decent. I forgot to put it in braids so I'm more than positive my hair looks wild.

"Come in" I clear my throat and wipe my sweaty hands on my shorts.

One of the maids, Andrea, I believe, walks in with a kind smile on her face. "Good morning, Signora Santoro," she says and I return the smile. (Mrs. Santoro)

"Good morning," I fix my hair again.

" I came to tell you that Signor Santoro is waiting downstairs to have breakfast with you. Should I tell him you will be down in a few minutes?" She asks and I shake my head. Sounds like he is impatient.

"No," I tell her and watch as her eyebrows furrow in confusion. "I won't be going down to have breakfast with him."

"Oh, um, what should I tell him then?" She nervously asks, fidgeting with the bracelet on her wrist.

"Tell him I'm not hungry," I calmly tell her, stretching out my arms and letting out a small yawn. "And if he has a problem with that then he can come up here and tell me."

Her eyes are wide with shock as she nods her head before dismissing herself from the room.

I look down at the ring on my left finger, feeling the huge urge to take it off and throw it at his stupid head.