1.

Sha'Carri Richardson
______

"One day you want me then you don't, you so toxic" I argued over the phone with my ex boyfriend, "But what you ain't understanding is, I got options"

"Cause you a hoe" he yelled causing me to scrunch my face up, "I heard you been fucking with rap niggas anyway"

"Well go hear that shit again, I'm done with you"

"You said that yesterday" he said, which was true because I say it damn near everyday, "Yo' ass ain't done til I say the word, stupid"

"Jermaine fuck you, I hat —" I spat out harshly before getting cut off

"Carri them hurtles waiting on you" my coach yelled out to me for the second time, basically telling me to get off the phone

"I gotta go, I love you" I hung up the phone before throwing it in my bag

Jermaine came into my life at one of my lowest points. Being with him was just like a breath of fresh air for me.

My grandma always told me to never fall for a man that seems too good to be true. She was right, he healed my heart just to break it again.

We was together for almost two years, but he ruined it. After the first year of us being together, he started cheating. 

Of course I kept taking him back, Bonnie and Clyde right? I just wanna make it work with my person

He talk to any female that look his way, sick. The bad part about it is, it's females who hate my guts.

We still are in contact, but there's no label on us. He keeps talking about getting back together, but his actions read differently.

It's easy to say 'just cut him off' or 'block him', but I can't physically do it. Like, I'm mentally done but every other part of me isn't.

I wanna leave him alone because I'm only hurting myself, but I love him. If he changed his toxic ways today, I would be with him.

I threw my phone in my bag aggressively before getting up. Making my way back on the track all I could think about is how I'm ready to go.

Track is my outlet, so me being ready to go is unusual. I'm just ready to go, and I'm ready to go now.

I'm anxious to leave anyway because I'm going to a women's basketball game tonight. I'm excited because I haven't been out in so long, I might cry.

"Line up" Coach said to everybody before I sighed, "And move with a purpose"

I moved faster because he's gonna make me run more than I have to. I made my way to my line before fixing my starting block.

Once it was done, I stood there waiting for everybody else.

"Runners set!" Coach yelled out of the blue before everybody rushed to get down, "Go"

I took off along with everybody else who was ready. Everybody wasn't down on the line on time, so I already know what's about to happen.

Once I crossed the line I dropped straight to the ground. I breathed in and out all hard trying to catch my breath.

"Get up, Carri" Teetee said while holding her hand out. I grabbed it before she pulled me up and we walked off the track

"We getting drills" I said before she nodded agreeing with me, "They all still down there"

"He might make them do drills alone"

"I need to sit down my legs feel so flimsy" I said while stopping, "And my mouth dry"

"You better not sit down" Teetee said while grabbing my arm to keep me from sitting

Teetee is like my sister, she is my sister.

Since the day we met each other, we been inseparable. She literally the first person I go to for literally everything.

That's my soulmate, but in a friend way.

The whistle blew and I could see my coach waving for us to hurry back. We sped up before eventually making it back.

"Run the stadium, everybody" Coach said before I cursed to myself, "One band, one sound"

I'm so done.

Practice ended before I left and went home, it's six thirty. I took a shower before making myself something to eat.

The game starts at eight, so I have to start getting ready. I went to my closet and started debating on an outfit.

I pulled out different pieces to put together before picking one. The hardest part about getting ready is finding something to wear.

I don't care what nobody says.

"I thought we were meeting there?" I asked Teetee and Lina as they came in

"We need you to help us with our fits" Lina said before I laughed to myself because I knew it

"I should've known y'all was struggling, I just finished picking mine" I said while closing the door and locking it

We all went back to my room and we narrowed the options down. Once we were able to make a final decision, we did.

Time started to catch up with us, so we just left. I'm not a fan of basketball, obviously, but Lina and Teetee is.

So i'm really just here to sit pretty in the audience. All I know is, I'm supposed to be cheering for the Aces.

We went through the entire entering process before going in and taking our seats. I was just watching confused, and I cheered whenever the crowd did.

I can't really tell who's winning, but by the hype from my section, I'm assuming we are. If I was to switch sports, I definitely wouldn't play basketball.

It just looks like they're running up and down the court bouncing the ball. I don't know if I'm just slow, but I don't understand this.

Eventually, the entire stadium went crazy, which indicated that we won. It also means that the game is over too.

"We finna go take pictures" Teetee yelled out as I followed behind her through the crowd

"With who?"

"A'ja" she answered before my mind went wondering trying to figure out who that was

I continued to follow her before we approached the circle. Everybody is tryna get a picture with this girl and she's just complying.

I would be too tired after a game.

We pushed through the crowd before making it all the way through.

"A'ja take a picture with us" Teetee demanded while giving me her phone and pulling Lina with her

They posed before I started snapping pictures until they were done. A'ja looked at me before smiling and taking the phone from me.

She gave Teetee her phone back and I just waited on everybody's next move.

"You wanna take a picture?" A'ja asked before I shook my head no and Lina gasped

"Take a picture with her" she instructed before A'ja took my phone. She went to the camera before I got in position to take the picture.

We took about three pictures before she gave my phone back to me. This girl has been looking down at me the whole time, she so tall.

"Tag me in it" she said before I squinted my eyes at her and walked away with Teetee and Lina

She must know who I am

She know me?

"I wanna take a picture with Zia too before she leave" Lina said before my mind went wondering again

How do they know these people?

"Her team over there" Teetee pointed in the opposite direction, "Come on"

We waited a long time before we all took a picture with her. On the scale of one to ten, I'll give this basketball experience a seven"

I would have been better off going to a track meet. At least I looked good sitting in the audience.

I'm pretty sure that's the only thing that matters.