A Love to Last

Deets: Ssamkkura and Purinz - WC 8502 - Written by user @yeonier at https://archiveofourown.org/works/49760395 - [M] - Zombie apocalypse AU

"Kkura unnie look out!"

Sakura turned her head and gritted her teeth when she felt someone push her body down. She holds her gun right in front of her chest to prevent her attacker from getting near her.

"Rraggh!!"

With a little strength left from her body, she pushed the attacker above her with both her M16 and her legs before she felt herself being pulled up.

"You okay?!"

Sakura nodded at her helper, reloading her gun again. "Watch your back, Chaewon." Sakura took a deep breath before she pointed her gun at Chaewon, or her back. The younger girl could feel a bullet go past her cheek, before she heard a loud thump behind her. Sakura put her gun down before she went closer to Chaewon, holding her gun.

"Thanks, Wonie."

Sakura looks around and shoots the remaining zombies near them. It was overwhelming as they were surrounded by a pack of zombies. They thought the farm was safe. They thought this place would be their new safe haven. All hopes and dreams shatter when Juri finds the locked shed.

They didn't know that the place was full of zombies. And Juri was the first who got bitten. Sakura lost her sister, and a group lost their leader.

When Sakura shot the last zombie, she put her gun down and exhaustion finally got her. She pulls Chaewon to sit down, knowing well how tired they were as their short break in a big farmhouse turns out to be nightmares.

"How many of us left?" Chaewon put her head on Sakura's shoulder, finally taking a break from battling for her life. She sighed and closed her eyes, as she remembered the sight of her friends being torn apart by a moving corpse. "Yeonhee's group didn't make it."

Sakura sighed before she pulled Chaewon closer to her, holding her tight with her embrace.

"I'm sorry about Juri unnie." Chaewon whispers softly. Sakura didn't say anything, only tightened her embrace to Chaewon.

"No more running. This is our home now." She heard Sakura whisper. Chaewon clutched her clothes tightly, watched her friends slowly come closer to them, checking how many of them left.

"I'll keep this place safe, I promise."

...

Chaewon was never a morning person. Never was, and never will. But today, she woke up earlier than the love of her life, and she was currently sketching her lovers in her mind. Thin lips, sculptured jaws, pointed nose, with a black hair. She calls that perfection.

Chaewon sighed in content when she felt Sakura sneak her hand around her waist, pulling her closer and snuggling to her neck. She was sure Sakura was already awake.

"Morning, you." Sakura breathes Chaewon scent and pampers kisses to her lover.

"Having fun watching me sleep?" Chaewon laughs and holds Sakura's arms around her waist. "You know I'm having so much fun." Sakura rolled her eyes. "Creeps."

They were enjoying each other's warmth, refusing to let each other go. This was one of the rare days they could spend this much time on their bed. As Sakura drew an invincible pattern on Chaewon's stomach, they could hear footsteps outside their door.

"Emergency!"

Small figures appear from behind the door. She may look like she was more than ten years old, but Eunchae was still, in fact, eight. With a small gun on her side and boots covered with mud, Eunchae stares at the two entangled figures on the bed.