Do You Trust Me?

Deets: Purinz - WC 5249 - Written by user @hyejusfingernaildirt at https://archiveofourown.org/works/50582971 - [M]

Thunder rumbled outside the warm apartment, thick snow battered the walls. It was a cold January in Seoul this year, and an especially cold midnight.

The sound of screams filled the room, jolting Chaewon awake. She let out a small squeak as her head bumped into something in the midst of her frantic attempt to get up.

The screams suddenly stopped, replaced by a warm, familiar laugh. "Are you alright, pupu? Nearly gave me a concussion!" Charwon rubbed her tired eyes, gazing up at Yunjin who gently patted their interlocked arms. The older girl took a look around to ground herself, then groaned. She had fallen asleep watching movies on the couch with Yunjin.

"Did you have to watch a horror movie?" She nestled her side back into Yunjin's, pulling their blanket closer.

"I should've known better, sorry." She was just like a puppy being scolded, chaewon thought, her guilty expression more endearing than anything.

"I just thought...well you were already asleep and it just came on and I got invested. I can change it!" Chaewon couldn't even answer before Yunjin had returned to the menu of the streaming service, scrolling through titles. She wasn't even that annoyed, but she didn't resist Yunjin's solution.

"What sounds better, some cheesy Hallmark thing or an even cheesier drama? Or this movie just won an award a while ago. It looks pretty cool actually. Hey, I think I know that actor!" Chaewon couldn't help but smile at the girl's rambling and her eagerness to help. She was always like that, dorky and caring, and Chaewon loved it.

"Hm, what's a Hallmark?"She asked, not aware of the foreign company. Yunjin chuckled again at herself, "It's like, really bad american romance movies. Very tropey and cliche, but that's what makes them fun. I'm surprised they have them on Korean programs."

Well if Yunjin likes it, it can't be that bad.

"I'll think of it as English practice then. What's that one about?"she pointed to a movie on the tv screen, its cover portraying a couple posed before a christmas tree.

"Oh yeah, that's another thing about them, they're all Christmas movies. Fitting for mid January, right?"Lightning flickered through the window, briefly illuminating the shadowy room and making Chaewon instinctually clutch onto Yunjin a little tighter. She laughed a bit at how absurd these movies sounded, "That's fine, I'm sure as long as it's romance I'll enjoy it."

They settle back into their couch as the movie begins. It soon becomes somewhat hard for Chaewon to focus due to Yunjin mindlessly drawing circles on her exposed thighs, subconsciously feeling grateful she wore shorts. But from what she hears, the story is about a man and a woman meeting because of their dogs. Though Chaewon doesn't think that anyone could meet her and Shiro and immediately think, aw yeah, she's the one.

The longer the film goes on the more apparent the aforementioned cliches become, but nonetheless she finds it entertaining. In fact, its broadness may be the reason she likes it.

The short haired girl often inserted herself into such stories. That's why she liked romance so much, it let her imagine something she so desperately wanted more vividly. Being an idol from such a young age never left much time for dating.

She just had to hope that one day some knight in shining armor would sweep her off her feet, the perfect guy, who wouldn't care that she was away most of the time. And though the male lead was far from perfect, especially visually, she could always replace the actors in her mind. But with whom, she never knew. Tall and kind was as detailed as that replacement ever got.