Champagne Problems

Deets: Purinz - WC 5680 - Written by user @81degreesclear at https://archiveofourown.org/works/51307927 - Teen and Up

Chaewon sits on the table near the cafe's window. It's their usual spot. This is where they always sit whenever they hang around the favorite establishment. She had her usual order of beverage on the table, along with a pastry she thought of trying out. The autumn season made the view outside look all so pretty.

Somehow, the sight of falling orange leaves reminds her of the most precious person to her in the whole wide world. She sips her drink, smiling merely at the thought.

"Hey, sorry I'm late."

And there she came.

The loveliest person alive.

Chaewon's person.

Huh Yunjin .

"It's alright. I just got here.", Chaewon shakes her head as she reassures the younger, "Go order something, I'll look after your things."

Yunjin gave a hesitant look but was eventually convinced by Chaewon's reassuring smile. She put her bag and coat down before leaving to order something.

Chaewon just watches her from afar. All these years yet nothing has changed. Yunjin still remained as tall as when Chaewon last saw her. Her hair was cut shorter, though. But it still looked good on her. She had a small chit chat with the barista. Yunjin still had that contagious laugh Chaewon always loved. The transparent glasses matched Yunjin's features perfectly. It made her look smart. Well, she is. And that's just one of the things Chaewon loves about her.

Yunjin returns to their table after she got her order taken. Chaewon watches her put her drink down as she sits on the chair across, making herself comfortable before sipping the drink she got. Yunjin noticed the eyes watching in front of her and couldn't help but smile and ask.

"Is there something on my face?", Yunjin picked her phone up to see her reflection

Chaewon shakes her head.

No.

You're as perfect as ever .

Still the most beautiful girl in my eyes .

[

"Is there something on my face?" Yunjin asks as she looks on the reflection on her phone

Chaewon's mouth was covered with her palm as she laughed at the sight of ice cream on Yunjin's nose. As usual, Yunjin made an overreaction and jokingly sulked at Chaewon who was still laughing at her. She took a tissue from her bag and wiped the ice cream off before throwing it at Chaewon. She was quick to catch it, though.