Flashing Lights

Deets: Purinz - WC 13454 - Written by user @81piastris at https://archiveofourown.org/works/49125514/ - [G] - Background knowledge of Formula One highly encouraged

Formula 1 @f1 · 8 jan

BREAKING! Huh Yunjin to replace Choi Yena at Source F1 after her departure from the team. What are your thoughts?

158 replies 4.5k retweets 19k likes.

-

It's an early January morning when Chaewon and Yunjin first meet, everyone in the meeting room is half-asleep and it is way too cold, at least for Chaewon; everyone else seemed to be having no problems with the cold, except for the rookie, because the girl is shaking a bit, but that might just be a case of mild anxiety, Chaewon thinks, she didn't care anyway, she wasn't here to make friends with the so-called "prodigy rookie" from Williams, she was only here because her manager, Eunbi, might've actually killed her if she didn't show up.

The rookie, Yunjin, Chaewon thought in her head, smiled at her from across the room, she tries to give her a genuine smile, but she probably shoots her something closer to a half-assed smile, Yena always said she was bad at hiding her emotions. The rest of the meeting passed by in a blur, something about how Mr. Bang and Yunjin had brought new sponsors to the team and that the car was supposed to be incredibly competitive this year, Chaewon didn't listen, she could just look at Eunbi's notes later in the day.

By the time the meeting finally ends, Chaewon is practically falling asleep, the coffee she had in her hand is empty and she's already making plans for later in the day, I should meet Yujin for lunch and then I can call mom— Chaewon is half out the door when Yunjin comes up to her and tells her some corny shit about how she was really rooting for her last season, that she was a big fan of her, "I'm really excited to work with you."

"Likewise," Chaewon responds, shooting the rookie a small smile before moving again.

And then— "actually, I was wondering if I could have your number? To make communication easier," Yunjin had grabbed her arm and pulled her back, "I figured communicating through our managers would be too much of a hassle," she was looking at her with an hopeful look on her face, she looked more like a puppy, and Chaewon thought about it, there wasn't any reason as to why she shouldn't give her number to the rookie, her reasoning made sense, but, if she gave out her number, she might think her and Chaewon are friendly and she might start sending her funny videos or something and she didn't need any more of those.

In the midst of her thoughts, she starts looking around the room, as if she was looking for an excuse to get out of this conversation, Yunjin is still looking at her expectantly, and Chaewon, unfortunately, makes eye contact with her manager, who shoots her a sharp look, like a mom telling her kid to be nice andgoddammit now she has to give her number to the rookie, she thinks.

"Ok," Chaewon finally responds, Yunjin hands her phone to the older, who saves herself as Chaewon Kim before handing it back to her, "I'll see you around!" The younger says before she's out the door and Chaewon barely has any time to respond, kids these days, she thinks, "she's only a year younger than you," Eunbi says, and she must've thought out loud, "whatever, a year is a year," Chaewon responds before turning around to leave.

-

Unknown number 8:32

Hi

this is yunjin

pls don't forget to save my number :p

Chaewon Kim 8:35