Unwanted Ch.19

Dedicated to Sincerely_Undead_Des

 ..............................................................................................

"When darkness falls

And surrounds you.

When you fall down, When you're scared

And you're lost. Be brave,

I'm coming to hold you now"

  -Follow Me by Muse
=======================================

Andy's POV.

A constant shaking on my shoulder brought me out of my unconscious state and I bolted right up smacking against Luke's head. Fear consumed me once more at the realization that someone was here to get me.

"Andy it's alright. I won't let them take you. I promise." Luke said holding me tightly but I barely paid attention. Someone came to get me and I didn't know who. No I couldn't go with them. No No No, I refuse. What if it was my stepmom? Jumping out of bed I quickly got dressed followed by a worried looking Luke.

"They can't get me. I have to leave." I said grabbing a shirt and pulling it on over my head. Luke looked scared but I didn't have time to care. Right now I just need to get the hell out of here.

"Andy didn't you hear me? Your parents are here waiting for you." Luke's dad yelled again. I panicked and opened the door to Luke's room and ran to get my book bag from my room.

"Is there anyway I can go out the backdoor?" I said to Luke as we stood at the top of the stairs. He nodded and started going downstairs.

"Yeah just follow me. They're probably in the living room." We quietly hit the bottom of the stairs then turned in the opposite direction of the living room and headed towards the kitchen. They seemed to be having a conversation in the living room so it gave me some time to throw in some snacks in my bag and than I unlocked the backdoor and stepped outside.

'Andy wait." Luke said taking a hold of my arm. Tears clouded his eyes and one dropped down his cheek. I wiped it away with my thumb and crashed my lips to his not sure if this would be our goodbye. Tears slid down my cheeks as well mixing with his. God I would miss him. We pulled back and I leaned my forehead towards his.

"Promise me you'll return." He said with his eyes still closed afraid to look at me and breakdown. This tore at my heart but I needed to do what was needed. For my safety I had to.

"I don't know Luke. I came here and some how they found out where you live. I have to be on the run and I don't know how far I'll go. What I do know is that I have to get as far away from here as possible. Please understand." I said brokenly as I saw more tears strim down his face. He nodded than grabbed my hand and put something in it. I looked down and it was a rolled up stack of cash. Shocked I stared back up at Luke.

"It's $500. I've been saving it up for myself but right now you need it more than me. Take it." He said and I kissed him once more pouring all our emotions into that single kiss.

"This isn't goodbye ok? More of a seen you later." I told Luke knowing neither of us wanted to let go of one another.

"Andy come here right now." I heard that ice cold voice behind Luke and instantly knew who came to get me. My stepmother.

"Run Andy. Run." Luke said and I didn't have to be told twice. As soon as the words left Luke's mouth my feet were pounding on the ground beneath me, running as fast as I could. I didn't risk a glance back knowing it would hurt to see Luke. I ran for as long as possible knowing soon I would be followed.