"You're really close to them, huh?" Blackfox laughed.

“More or less." Evie said, firing her grapple gun at the gargoyle beneath her feet, putting her phone in her pocket, "Oh well! No rest for the weary. If you discover something, tell me. See you around."

Evie took a step forward and let gravity do the rest. The metal wire of her grapple gun whirred as she fell.

Free falling always gave her the adrenaline rush she needed when sleepy.

When she was two stories above the ground, she swung forward, pulling the trigger so the hook would detach from the gargoyle.

She spun backwards in the air, people looked at her and the entire crowd gasped.

Evie then landed hard on the ground in front of the Monster Mash guys, in a superhero pose that even made Kimberly roll her eyes.

Evie was just showing off, and as she straightened, she fixed a strand of hair that was out of place.

There was silence afterwards.

"What an entrance!" Alex cheered loudly, "Everyone! Cheer for our Chief Bodyguard!"

The people burst into applause, and Evie blushed. She wasn't used to the attention, and thanks to Alex here, with almost black hair and dark brown eyes to hide his Lycan nature from the world, now she was on the spotlight. Alex always told Evie how much she looked like Ada Wong and how hot she was, he was never quiet about it, and sometimes when Evie was around, he used to tell her how much he loved strong women like her and he even asked her out a couple of times, although she refused. She had to be professional, because she didn’t get paid for going on dates, but for protection, and for her, her work was always the most important thing. Only Zeth could understand how difficult it was to be the leader of an entire team, and they respected each other for it.

"Damn, Evie. That was awesome," Alex was still clapping, "That's my girl!"

"Thanks, Alex, I think I made my point clear," Evie laughed a little.

"Oh yeah, no one should mess with this Femme Fatale!" Alex had a peculiar look in his eyes, admiration and something else that Evie liked.

It made her feel loved, alive even.

Then she turned to see Jade in the crowd and that look... Was it envy?

Fuck! Evie had to be more careful around the boys now that she was also part of the poly relationship, and she definitely didn't want to start a war. Everyone knew what happened during the Clash of the Rahmans. Two powerful women could bring down an entire empire without a doubt.

"Evie. You need this," Everett said, handing her a microphone. Blonde hair, eyes a darker shade of blue, Everett looked good, classic, and Evie loved that. He looked like a frat boy in fact, typical cliché but without the drunk part, if she ignored the Global Awards thingy of course. That night, Everett confessed to Evie that he had drunk too much because, for a moment, he wanted to know what Aspem felt when he got drunk, and he promised never to do it again because he didn't understand the fun in that. He was still a little drunk that night when he told her that he loved her because she was like a delicate and elegant Yeti woman, he even talked about having Baby Yeti with black hair, but maybe he was so drunk that he didn’t remember. And that was good.

“Thanks, big guy,” Evie nodded at him, "Please, everyone stay where you are," She said with the microphone close to her lips, in front of the boys, standing firmly with a hand on her hip, "Let's be civilized, we will move forward to the circle of lights over there," she pointed, "And then we shall begin with the meet and greet."